Corsair Community

Nautilus problems, don't know what to do!

emblue12

My nautilus worked great for about 3 months and then the pump started making a horrible loud buzzing sound in May. I was away for the summer doing an internship and left my computer behind in a box so I did not start to deal with this until August.

In Aug, corsair tech support confirmed over the phone by listening to the unit that it has a defective pump, I was told this was a known issue with some of the units. They did not have any in stock, and I was told if I tried calling back in a few weeks, they would RMA and replace it for me.

I finally got around to calling again and the Nautilus is still not in stock anywhere that I can find, everyone at Corsair has told me they have know idea when (or even if) they will be making more - I'm shocked at their inability to stand behind this product, if they stopped making it they should just say so.

SO, here's where I'm at: they have offered to refund $135 (less than I paid) if I send the broken unit back. They cannot exchange it for me, because they don't have a new one to give me.

Right now the unit is so loud people won't come into my room :roll: and I'm no doctor but I'm starting to think I'm going to damage my hearing. BUT, it is still cooling my CPU. Since I can't run the PC without it (nor can I cool the CPU with $135 cash) this option doesn't help me at all.

The competing liquid cooling products I would consider to do this job are significantly more expensive, so I cannot buy one of them with the $135 - plus even if I could I'd be without a PC when I send them the unit and wait for my refund, and I can't afford that.

I'm getting very despirate, I'm hoping someone may have an idea that might help me.

1 - Does anyone know where I can find a Nautilus 500 in stock? (If so, would Corsair be willing to get it to me, or at least reimburse me for purchasing a new one if I send them the broken one back?)

2 - Does anyone know of a comparable product I could replace this with for a similar price?

3 - Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could repair this unit myself? If I can find a suitable replacement pump I'd be willing to service it myself. I am not at all concerned about this voiding my warranty, Corsair has indicated they are unable / unwilling to stand behind their product, so the warranty is of no value to me anyway.

THANK YOU!

Sorry, I know my post was too verbose as it is, but one more question.

I've been ignoring this problem for several months now, the pump still appears to be working fine, but it seems to be getting louder the last week or so.

What are the chances of this thing crapping out without warning?

I ask because if it does, it's going to take my CPU with it. (and even though the FX-55 is 5 years old, I'm still seeing prices for it online > $750, which makes absolutely no sense)

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest that you contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com and speak with them directly. Unfortunately, there is not much I can do from technical support. Here is a link to a store which appears to have the unit in stock, I would let our customer service know and see if there is anything they can do to help you obtain one.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will try to resolve this with customer support.

I got a voice mailbox when dialing the customer support number and am waiting for them to return my call. I do not mean to sound rude, but it appears to me that at this point your office is something along the lines of 4 guys in a garage somewhere....

They may also be interested to know that when you dial that number and hear the recording that tells you to press # for whatever department, you can hear other people laughing in the background. Well done.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry that you had trouble contacting us. If you still have not heard back, then please send an email to ramguy@corsairmemory.com with a link to this thread, your contact information and a good time to call you during our business hours (Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm PST) and I will have someone call you ASAP to get this resolved. If you send an email, please put "ATT: Ramguy" in the subject line and make a post here once its been sent.

Archived