Corsair Community

New 8GB voyager not compatible with XP error

elleng

Woe is me!

Installed new 8 GB flash drive a few weeks ago and had no problems. Reinstalled it today after system restore to remove irritating settings problem, and get a nasty message that installation may damage my system as the drive has not passed the XP windows logo testing. It works ok on 2000, but not on XP. Lady from Dell suggested updating BIOS which did not solve the issue, but slowed down my computer. I continued installation (trusting Corsair) but am rather afraid about it damaging my system.

Anyone any idea why my computer suddenly doesn't recognise the voyager as compatible with XP? Other voyagers (1 and 2GB) still worked.

Dear rAM Guy,

I have XP2 and until they resolve some of the bugs, will not install XP3. Does that mean that the 8GB flash will not work properly?

It doesn't state that it's not compatible with XP2. Indeed, it has no problems with 2000. Why XP3?

Not a solution, I fear.

• Corsair Employees
If you are having a problem installing SP3 for WinXP then more then likely it is a driver that will need to be updated on your system. And as long as you have the latest drivers installed the flash drive should be no problem with XP any SP loaded.

Archived