Corsair Community

ddr3 1600 4gb compatibility

croswald

hi ive had my setup 4 some time now and im looking to upgrade my ram from 1333 2GB to 1600 4GB.... im looking for something that i know is compatible with my cpu and mobo at 400fsb without doing a bunch of changes in my bios because im not that good of an overclocker.

i have used the corsair product compatibility thing and found 3 different sticks that says it will work... but in mot to sure if they mean they will work at the rated speeds and latency's or if they mean it will work at my rated fsb...

what i want to do is run the two sticks at ddr3 1600 with my fsb at 400 with the advertised latency's

these are the model numbers corsairs compatibility chart gave me

TW3X4G1600C9DHX

TW3X4G1600C9DHXNV

TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHX

reading the reviews on newegg theirs a number of people that say all 3 of these sticks have been causing them troubles at the rated speeds so i would like to know before i buy them.....

PLS NOTE UPDATING MY BIOS ANY HIGHER THEN 0204 GIVES ME PROBLEMS AND BSOD....

sory for the long and boring explanation ... hope u guys can help

I would choose TW3X4G1600C9DHX or TW3X4G1600C7DHX. The TW3X4G1600C9DHXNV has an Nvidia EPP write. The TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHX has lower latencies.

Choose the ones you want and I can give you a custom BIOS setup for the sticks.

I have had no issue installing the TW3X4G1600C7 or C9 in that board. I have seen people speak of issues with higher than 0402, but 0204? That's the first BIOS. I would not change anything if it is working stably for you.

What problems are you finding with your board and higher BIOS's than 0204?

I would choose TW3X4G1600C9DHX or TW3X4G1600C7DHX. The TW3X4G1600C9DHXNV has an Nvidia EPP write. The TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHX has lower latencies.

I have had no issue installing the TW3X4G1600C7 or C9 in that board. I have seen people speak of issues with higher than 0402, but 0204? That's the first BIOS. I would not change anything if it is working stably for you.

i love 0204 works great for me

anything higher gives me:

system is instantly not stable some times it dosent post.. and if it doses after i load vista / xp it bsod

i am looking at the mem you sujested il reply shortly

well im not that big of a ram guy i know lower latencies is better but

TW3X4G1600C9DHX Timing 9-9-9-24 $206

TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHX Timing 7-7-7-20 $401

is a differences of 2-2-2-4 really worth an extra 200 bucks????

i need to know before i make the decision

It depends on your income, ability to generate income, etc. I can't tell you what you should spend.

I will say that it will still be a very fast system with 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24.

Well I can afford the $400 one but I don't really think its worth it. if the 9-9-9-24 will be sufficient I will just go with that... Could u tell me what I need to change in the bios to get it to work

Also if for some weird reason its not compatible with my system am I aloud to rma it for a different model or can u only rma for the exact same type??

The 9-9-9-24 will be sufficient. However, with your BIOS problems, I would not advise you purchase any DRAM. You might be pulling back far more problems than you will appreciate. I have installed to that board and the BIOS issue you speak of is not one I have encountered so that leads me to believe you have issues specific to your board and not the model. In this case, I do not advise any change at all.

I do advise an RMA of the motherboard to one that will accept the new BIOS releases. You can not RMA DRAM when the issue is the mainboard. If the DRAM is not the issue, then you will just receive the same DRAM back. Regardless, you could not choose a different model.

The 9-9-9-24 will be sufficient. However, with your BIOS problems, I would not advise you purchase any DRAM. You might be pulling back far more problems than you will appreciate. I have installed to that board and the BIOS issue you speak of is not one I have encountered so that leads me to believe you have issues specific to your board and not the model. In this case, I do not advise any change at all.

I do advise an RMA of the motherboard to one that will accept the new BIOS releases. You can not RMA DRAM when the issue is the main board. If the DRAM is not the issue, then you will just receive the same DRAM back. Regardless, you could not choose a different model.

Ok I will probly look into rma my mobo... But the problem might just be my inaxperance in over clocking.. Bios 0204 my settings are fsb-400 and ram-1333 everything els is set on auto... Now if I update my bios to a new one I am 100 % stable if I DONT over clock but when I try and duplicate my over clock settings as I had them in the older bios it dosent work.. I'm Gussing cause they changed some auto voltages or something... I'm guessing its my fault not the boards fault.. What do u think

If you buy higher end DRAM and it does not work with your board, then you will have your answer.

yeah i know what u mean.. problems is ima have to do more research and actually learn how to overclock instead of mostly selecting auto....

then i can try updating my bios again and hopefully tune it right so i don't bsod and crash....

what setting would u recommended for the TW3X4G1600C9DHX

thanks for all your help guys

Load Setup Defaults --> Save Setup Defaults. Then, for a two DRAM slot population, set to these values:

AI TweakerAi Overclock Tuner: ManualCPU Ratio Setting: 8.5FSB Strap to North Bridge: 400FSB Frequency: 400PCIE Frequency: 100DRAM Frequency: DDR3-1600MhzDRAM Command Rate: 2NDram Skew Control All kept on AutoDRAM Timing Control: ManualCAS# Latency: 9RAS# to CAS# Latency: 9RAS# to PRE Time: 9RAS# ACT Time: 24RAS# to RAS# Delay: AutoREF Cycle Time: 72WRITE Recovery Time: AutoREAD to PRE Time: AutoDRAM Static Read Control: EnabledDRAM Dynamic Write Control: DisabledAi Clock Twister: StrongAi Transaction Booster: AutoPull-in Of channel A Phase 1: DisabledPull-in Of channel A Phase 2: DisabledPull-in Of channel B Phase 1: DisabledPull-in Of channel B Phase 2: DisabledVoltage SettingsCPU Voltage: AutoCPU GTL Voltage Reference (0/2): AutoCPU GTL Voltage Reference (1/3): AutoCPU PLL Voltage: 1.5vFSB Termination Voltage: AutoDRAM Voltage: 1.8vNB Voltage: AutoNB GTL Voltage Reference: AutoSB Voltage: AutoClock Over-Charging Voltage: AutoLoad-Line Calibration: AutoCPU Spread Spectrum: DisabledPCIE Spread Spectrum: DisabledAdvanced > CPU ConfigurationCPU Ratio Setting: 9.0C1E Support: EnabledCPU TM Function: EnabledVanderpool Technology: DisabledExecute Disable Bit: DisabledMax CPUID Value Limit: Disabled

Load Setup Defaults --> Save Setup Defaults. Then, for a two DRAM slot population, set to these values:

AI Tweaker

Ai Overclock Tuner: Manual
CPU Ratio Setting: 8.5
FSB Strap to North Bridge: 400
FSB Frequency: 400
PCIE Frequency: 100
DRAM Frequency: DDR3-1600Mhz
DRAM Command Rate: 2N

Dram Skew Control All kept on Auto

DRAM Timing Control: Manual

CAS# Latency: 9
RAS# to CAS# Latency: 9
RAS# to PRE Time: 9
RAS# ACT Time: 24
RAS# to RAS# Delay: Auto
REF Cycle Time: 72
WRITE Recovery Time: Auto
READ to PRE Time: Auto

DRAM Static Read Control: Enabled
DRAM Dynamic Write Control: Disabled
Ai Clock Twister: Strong
Ai Transaction Booster: Auto

Pull-in Of channel A Phase 1: Disabled
Pull-in Of channel A Phase 2: Disabled
Pull-in Of channel B Phase 1: Disabled
Pull-in Of channel B Phase 2: Disabled

Voltage Settings

CPU Voltage: Auto
CPU GTL Voltage Reference (0/2): Auto
CPU GTL Voltage Reference (1/3): Auto
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.5v
FSB Termination Voltage: Auto
DRAM Voltage: 1.8v
NB Voltage: Auto
NB GTL Voltage Reference: Auto
SB Voltage: Auto
Clock Over-Charging Voltage: Auto

Load-Line Calibration: Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled

Advanced > CPU Configuration

CPU Ratio Setting: 9.0
C1E Support: Enabled
CPU TM Function: Enabled
Vanderpool Technology: Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Disabled
Max CPUID Value Limit: Disabled

Thanks

I only see 1 problem for the cpu ratio u mean the multiplier right? If you do my max multiplier is 8.0 NOT 8.5 cause of this will the rest of the values you gave me still be the same or will I have to change some more stuff now also?

Archived