Corsair Community

750tx Clicking Sound

RPGAssassin

I have just sent back this power supply because it had a sudden failure and would no longer turn on. Today I had just received a new power supply and it makes a VERY annoying clicking sound! I know it's not any of the other fans because I did not plug them in.

I would like to avoid having to send it back because this is my only computer, and I have to wait for the power supply to return before I can use one. Also, it's a little annoying to have to spend time/pay to ship the power supply back.

Is it safe to leave the computer on with this clicking sound?

Thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employee
The clicking sound would not indicate anything functionally wrong with the PSU and it should be perfectly safe to use with your system. Do you constantly hear the noise, or does it only occur in certain situations? Have you tried plugging the PSU directly into the wall to see if you still have the same issues?

• Corsair Employee
Some backup UPS and power strips can cause similar issues on high efficiency PSUs. If the clicking does not go away then lets get the unit replaced! Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived