Corsair Community

Asus P5Q3 DELUX + TW3X4G1333C9DHX

oggiet

I'm gonna be building gaming pc for my friend and would like to ask if following will work :

Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10666 XMS3 DHX Memory Kit

and

Asus P5Q3 DELUXE/WIFI-AP P45 Socket 775 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard

I have no experience with this mobo or ram so am asking for your opinion.

Rest of specs are:

Corsair 750W TX PSU - 120mm Fan, 80+% Efficiency, Single +12V Rail

Lian Li ARMORSUIT PC-P80 High Quality Gamer case- Quad Video Ready

Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz 1333MHz FSB Socket 775 6MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB Hard Drive SATAII *32MB Cache* - OEM

Force3D HD 4870X2 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card

Tuniq Core Contact Freezer CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940/AM2/LGA775)

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium -SP1- Licence and media - 1 PC - OEM - DVD - 32-bit - English

Optiarc AD-7200S 20X DVD±RW/DL/RAM Internal SATA Bare Black Drive - OEM

Thank you for your input ;):

Looking good. I can see no issues with those purchases. I'm an overclocker and would go about it a bit differently but for a stock setup, it looks well researched. I would go with a 64Bit OS if you are going to run 4GB of DRAM though. The 32Bit OS will only use ~3GB of the 4GB.

Do you mean the Sunbeam Core Contact Cooler? Nice :):

Looking good. I can see no issues with those purchases. I'm an overclocker and would go about it a bit differently but for a stock setup, it looks well researched. I would go with a 64Bit OS if you are going to run 4GB of DRAM though. The 32Bit OS will only use ~3GB of the 4GB.

Do you mean the Sunbeam Core Contact Cooler? Nice :):

Yeah i'm no expert so have asked people around - any other tips for what i could change would be greatly apreciated ;):

Am def thinking about 64Bit but not sure about drivers - have heard some horror stories ....still undecided.

It is Sunbeam :cool: Got very good review on here http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

Also unsure about GPU, heard some good things about one i posted. Have never installed DDR3 ram before , is it hard setting it up eg. all bios settings.

Really excited about getting this build going, funny thing is friend i'm building it for told me today he won some money from his investments so he is gonna pay for me to build 2 of these machines and let me keep one :eek::):

Yeah i'm no expert so have asked people around - any other tips for what i could change would be greatly apreciated ;):

Am def thinking about 64Bit but not sure about drivers - have heard some horror stories ....still undecided.

It is Sunbeam :cool: Got very good review on here http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

Also unsure about GPU, heard some good things about one i posted. Have never installed DDR3 ram before , is it hard setting it up eg. all bios settings.

Really excited about getting this build going, funny thing is friend i'm building it for told me today he won some money from his investments so he is gonna pay for me to build 2 of these machines and let me keep one :eek::):

I have been running with Vista64 bit SP1 since SP1 was released. Prior to SP1 there were many issues. I have yet to find an issue so far. With a good fast system it is a very decent OS. When you get your hardware, we can help you with the full setup and optimization. Just post in the Enthusiast section and we will help. There are differences in the setup but nothing too demanding.

If you have a legacy software that does not work with 64bit then migration might well be an issue. If, however, you are like me and work with the newest software, then like me, you can choose to run Windows 32bit emulated via virtualization. I have all my previous OS's (that I use for software/hardware testing) running on virtual OS's, ready for use within a few minutes.

That's a very quiet and cool cooler. I have the Ultra Xtreme 120. I would like to meet your friend. LOL - Those are good friends indeed. :):

I have been running with Vista64 bit SP1 since SP1 was released. Prior to SP1 there were many issues. I have yet to find an issue so far. With a good fast system it is a very decent OS. When you get your hardware, we can help you with the full setup and optimization. Just post in the Enthusiast section and we will help. There are differences in the setup but nothing too demanding.

If you have a legacy software that does not work with 64bit then migration might well be an issue. If, however, you are like me and work with the newest software, then like me, you can choose to run Windows 32bit emulated via virtualization. I have all my previous OS's (that I use for software/hardware testing) running on virtual OS's, ready for use within a few minutes.

That's a very quiet and cool cooler. I have the Ultra Xtreme 120. I would like to meet your friend. LOL - Those are good friends indeed. :):

Thank you Derek, you have been great help :sunglasse I know i'm lucky to have such a good friend, i was lost for words when he offered to pay for it...£1300 is a lot of money for me.

Now i'm off to Enthusiast section (didnt know that existed on here :) ), have a problem with my HTPC so hopefully somebody will be able to help a n00b :laughing:

Thanks a lot for your help ;):

Ok have decided to stick with DDR2 and went for pq5 deluxe mobo, E8600 and 4870x2. Not sure for what ram to go for though.....

Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 XMS2 DHX Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL4(4-4-4-12) Lifetime Warranty

or

this

Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10666 XMS3 DHX Memory Kit

I'm leaning towards 800MHz , any opinions please ;):

Twin2x4096-8500C5DF would give the best performance with that MB and CPU and what I would suggest. Best bag for the buck. The next step down would be Twin2x4096-6400C4DHX.

Thats exactly what i have ordered, do you think its worth using those fans that come along with it ??

Thanks for you help MR RAM GUY

Archived