Corsair Community

Use of 4GB Memeory Kits

stanl

Why do the installation instructions included with Twin2X4096-64005DHX modules say that "Installing 4GB onto PCs witht 32-bit operating systems is not advised nor supported under warranty? I am using a Gigabyte GA-EP45C-DS3 motherboard and Vista Home Premium-32. I realize that I will not have access to the total 4GB of memory but do I need to buy a 64-bit version of Vista. Is there a risk of damaging the memory modules? Corsair AN806- Memory Resource Guide does not indicate that there will be an issue using a 32-bit version of Vista except for the fact that only 3.25 GB will be available.

Why do the installation instructions included with Twin2X4096-64005DHX modules say that "Installing 4GB onto PCs witht 32-bit operating systems is not advised nor supported under warranty? I am using a Gigabyte GA-EP45C-DS3 motherboard and Vista Home Premium-32. I realize that I will not have access to the total 4GB of memory but do I need to buy a 64-bit version of Vista. Is there a risk of damaging the memory modules? Corsair AN806- Memory Resource Guide does not indicate that there will be an issue using a 32-bit version of Vista except for the fact that only 3.25 GB will be available.

Ignore that so-called warning. It is a misprint. I think they were trying to tell you that a 32 bit system will not use all the 4 GB - nothing more.

Archived