Corsair Community

Settings for 6400C4DHX - BSOD Issues

azchainring

Hello,

I'm building a new system up and have been experiencing what appears to be possible compatibility or setup problems, in the form of BSOD, with memory.

With my configuration is it possible that the SPD values are not being read correctly and the memory setup is incorrect? Does anyone have the correct settings, for all parameters, I should apply for this memory at 1.8v? The only thing I haven't tried is to set all the values manually.

I have tried increasing the voltage to the 2.1v max rating and this does not seem to affect the stability of the system. I have switched the memory out with another brand and the system appears to be stable. I have the memory running in another system and it appear to be stable.

Steve

I am having the same kind of issues with the M3N-HT Deluxe HDMI. By looking at some of the other posts it seems that reducing the speed of the modules in the BIOS may help if occupying all four banks. I don't really understand why the motherboard manufacturers would not have fixed this by now but ok. My mobo is now flashed to the 1401 BIOS, supposed to be more stable with 8 gig RAM. I have hade multiple issues with BSOD's since install, had it ironed out with the M2N-SLI but decided to go for the 3 way SLI. As you can see in my specs I am using 8gig of Dominator which has successfully passed every Memtest86+ test I have thrown at them so I believe it's a mobo issue. Dropped about 50+ fps while gaming with the board as well, so I'm fairly sure it's a timing/setting issue. Lemme know if this sounds right or if I'm chasing my tail.... ;):

Hello,

I'm building a new system up and have been experiencing what appears to be possible compatibility or setup problems, in the form of BSOD, with memory.

With my configuration is it possible that the SPD values are not being read correctly and the memory setup is incorrect? Does anyone have the correct settings, for all parameters, I should apply for this memory at 1.8v? The only thing I haven't tried is to set all the values manually.

I have tried increasing the voltage to the 2.1v max rating and this does not seem to affect the stability of the system. I have switched the memory out with another brand and the system appears to be stable. I have the memory running in another system and it appear to be stable.

Steve

cpu frequency may differ from the cpu you have!

Testing parameters for Twinx/XMS2-6400C4:
Twin2x2048-6400C4 Data Sheet

Motherboard make and model: [color="Red"]Asus P5WD2 or M2N32-SLI Premium/Deluxe[/color]
Each pair is tested and packaged together using the following settings:
AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual
CPU External Frequency: Manually set to 200MHz
DDR2 SDRAM Clock: Manually set to 800MHz 
PCI Express Freq: Auto
PCI Freq: 33.33
Performance Mode: Standard
DRAM Timing Selectable: Manual
SDRAM CAS Latency: 4T
SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T
SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T
SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12T
SDRAM Write Recovery Time: 5
Write to Precharge Delay: 15 (If it's Listed)
Command Rate: 2T
DDR2 SDRAM Voltage: 2.1
Advanced voltage control
CPU Vcore offset:_Disabled
DDR2 Termination: 0.5x
CPU to NB HT:____1.200V
NB to SB HT:_____AUTO
NB Core/PCI-E:___AUTO
SB Core/PCI-E:___AUTO
SB Standby core:_+1.500V

Output driver control
CKE:______AUTO
CS/ODT:__1.00X
ADD/CMD:_1.00X
MEMCLK:__1.00X
Chipset Core Voltage: Auto 
All other settings are motherboard defaults.
Maximum DDR2 recommended VDIMM: 2.1 Volts

link can be found here

remember these setting apply for a configuration with 2 modules!

if you use a 4 module configuration, the suggested dram speed would be DDR667. Also you will need to increase the northbridge voltage with +/- 1.5volt.

Run memtest for 2 passes to ensure system stability and let us know the results.

Archived