Corsair Community

memory help

Hi can you help please. I had my machine all up and running fine. But the other day when i came to switch it on. I am having nothing but a C1 coming up and bleeps. I have tried to change my sticks into the different slots and also tried doing one at a time. They both seem to be showing this C1 and it is still bleeping. Can anyone help with any idea's.

cheers :)

Hi, C1 is a memory problem that is what's stated in the user manual. The C1 is displayed on the debug built-onto the motherboard. I am not running dell it is my own custom built pc for gaming. I am or was trying to get intouch with techguy. I am new to the forum, so sorry if it is posted in the wrong place. I bought the memory from aria at belle vue manchester and I picked this one as it was most suited to my motherboard and it plays and runs games like a dream :). But I'm so upset that I can not even get my machine to up and run to do anything with it, it's all worked fine for about 13/14 months and I got up the other day and it wouldn't boot, just kept coming up with C1 and bleeping.

• Corsair Employees
thematrixdreams, have you reset the BIOS via the CLRTC jumper on the board? Still the same results? If possible you may want to test the memory in a different system, or if you can get your hands on a spare set of DDR2 memory to test in this system, that should help you isolate the problem. At this point it would seem that either the motherboard is having some problems, or both of the memory modules failed at the same time with the same or similar issues, which is usually less likely.

Archived