Corsair Community

MB/Memory Issue & Maybe Non-Supported Memory

TheAggie

First of all, I have four sticks (2 pairs) of CM2X1024-9136C5D memory modules. Are these still supported/produced? I couldn't find any reference to them on the Corsair website. Anyway, I ask because I'm presently not able to get my computer to boot, much less post, whenever I use more than one pair of my modules. I'm not sure if this is a compatibility issue or not, but whenever I searched for my motherboard on the Corsair website, my memory modules were not listed. However, the TWIN2X4096-9136C5DF modules were listed as being supported, which seem to be the 2x2GB version of this memory. I'm assuming that the added "F" on the end of the model number indicates "Final"? Anyway, I'm going to try a few more things after talking to the EVGA tech support guy, but if I don't have any luck getting these to boot on the board I have, would it be possible with my warranty or whatnot to get these two pairs of CM2X1024-9136C5D modules replaced with a pair of the TWIN2X4096-9136C5DF modules? Also, what is the recommended voltages for the CM2X1024-9136C5D modules (I've been using 2.1v), and is there a reference on the website that I might have overlooked? Thanks!

if all 4 banks are used you must knock down the speed in the bios. 1142Mhz wont work with all slots populated. knock the speed down to DDR800 in the bios with 2 sticks. reboot to verify speed then shut down and populate the other 2 slots and try to boot.

good luck!

Dominator Qualifications and Testing!

Testing parameters for Twinx/XMS2-9136C5D:

Twin2x2048-9136C5D Data Sheet

Motherboard make and model: EVGA 680I SLI Only!

Each pair is tested and packaged together using the following settings:

Advanced Chipset Features

FSB & Memory Config: Disabled

SLI Ready Memory: CPUOC Max

Memory Timings: Optimal

EPP Enabled yeilds these settings:

Memory Frequency: 1142 MHz

DDR2 Voltage control: 2.10V

SDRAM CAS Latency: 5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 5T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 5T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 15T

SDRAM Write Recovery Time: 5

Maximum DDR2 recommended VDIMM: 2.1 Volts

F = FAN, not FINAL :) Also, if the 4 GB pack is supported, then the 2 GB pack will be as well.

memory configurator for 132-CK-NF78-A1

Enter bios and load setup defaults, save and exit the bios.

Now re-enter the bios and input the timings as printed on your modules (5-5-5-15)

set dram voltage to 2.1 volts

set the nforce mcp voltage to: 1.55 volt

as Synthohol already mentioned, lower the ram speed to 800mhz, run memtest for 2 full passes, if your systems passes memtest, you could try to increase the dram speed to the next available option.

Archived