Corsair Community

memtest errors TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF

GaborF

Hi there im new to this but I really need help, when I run memtest there is errors but when I test individual sticks memtest passes with both of them I have tried with bios 1406

My bios settings :

Ram frequency 1066

Timing manually selected to 5-5-5-15

DRAM Voltage 2.1

everything else is on default

i have experimented with NB voltage to 1.35volts but it doesnt do nothing still got memtest errors it occurs on TEST 6 and 7 usually . But When i tested them individually 1 stick at a time they pass I ran 2 passes on each stick it has no problems but when put together it has errors.

If you test both sticks singly and no errors occur, but when you test them two up and errors occur, then the issue is external to the DRAM. It sounds as though the motherboard memory controller is not working well. Have you disabled Legacy USB in the BIOS prior to testing? That board is known to produce false errors with USB Legacy Mode enabled. Set tRFC to 55 also.

Test with Legacy USB mode disabled. You can re enable it after the test. You are using Memtest86+ V2.01?

Hi Derek thanks for reply yes i disabled Legacy support and set tRFC 55 same thing i tried everything i researched alot before posting here. I have an Antec 1000 for power supply if that can help and yes im using latest memtest

You can RMA if you like, but be clear that both modules being tested singly show that the DRAM is working correctly. The error is in Dual Channel Mode and that is a function of the memory controller on the motherboard, not the DRAM. If you RMA the DRAM, very likely you will have the same issue when the new DRAM is sent.

Hi Derek thanks again for reply , yes i have tested ram individually and they pass . So there is no need for me to RMA them i hope that a new BIOS will fix this so now im sure its the motherboard that has a problem hopefully its not defective:sigh!:

Hi RamGuy,

thanks for the reply , everything is at default only memory at 5-5-5-15 2.1V .

I just want to note that before i was running 4 sticks of Crucial ballistix at 1000mhz. i read on the forum that its not very good to have 4 sticks without upping the NB. Well 2 of the sticks failed so thats how I ended up buying Corsair . But now im wondering did the NB got damaged . its strange i know crucial has problems with their ram .

Download CPU-z from

Enter your BIOS, Load Setup Defaults, Save Setup Defaults and set to these values:

AI Overclock TweakerConfigure System Performance SettingsAi Overclock Tuner = ManualCPU Ratio Setting = 9FSB Frequency = 333PCI-E Frequency = 100FSB Strap to Northbridge = 333DRAM Frequency = ManualDRAM CLK Skew on Channel A1 = AutoDRAM CLK Skew on Channel A2 = AutoDRAM CLK Skew on Channel B1 = AutoDRAM CLK Skew on Channel B2 = AutoDRAM Timing Control = ManualDRAM Frequency = DDR2-1066DRAM Command Rate = 2NDRAM Timing Control = ManualCAS# Latency =  5RAS# to CAS# Delay = 5RAS# PRE Time = 5RAS# ACT Time = 15Row Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC) = 55 All Else to AutoDRAM Static Read Control = AutoDRAM Read Training = AutoMem. OC Charger = AutoAI Transaction Booster = AutoCPU Voltage = AutoCPU PLL Voltage = AutoFSB Termination Voltage = AutoDRAM Voltage = 2.1vNB Voltage = 1.35vSB Voltage = AutoPCI-E SATA Voltage = AutoLoadline Calibration = AutoCPU Spread Spectrum = DisabledPCIE Spread Spectrum = DisabledClock Over-Charging Voltage = AutoLoad Line Calibration = AutoCPU GTL Voltage Reference = AutoNB GTL Voltage Reference = AutoMemory Remap - EnabledLegacy USB = Disabled (For Memtest, Enabled After Memtest)

Run Memtest for two full passes. When assured of stable DRAM, then enter Windows and Run CPU-z and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Hi Derek and Ram Guy

thanks again , i entered the Bios values that you gave me but I got 1 error on PASS 3 on test 6 i ran the memtest for 3hrs it was starting pass 5 so im guessing what ram guy said its something else , i'm pretty sure now its not the ram. I have a screenshot you requested.

corsair.thumb.jpg.84a0793ca3abe1533a5f57ec443dded4.jpg

I personally wouldn't be bothered about one error showing in 5 passes. You might want to see if your motherboard is overvolting the DRAM. Set the DRAM voltage to 2.0v and see if it occurs. If more occur, then possibly undervolting so you can set to 2.15v and retest. If the same result occurs, then I can't really see any issue resulting from a bit error in that kind of frame.

By the way is there any way to the test the voltage using multimeter ?

You would have to search for P5Q-Deluxe Vdimm Read Points. I looked, but have not been able to find one.

You might wish to post in this thread to see if someone will post it for you.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=189437&highlight=P5Q-Deluxe

Good research on this thread. It's over 100 pages of posts on your board. :)

Hi Derek ,

I found where the read points are on my board through that site you sent me,

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=189437&page=99

At BIOS setting DRAM at 2.10V was actually 2.17V . So I lowered it to 2.02 now it gives me 2.10 Volt . Its funny I'm new to this is it the board supposed to over volt this much especially on sensitive electronics where a millivolt makes a difference ?

It can be frustrating when one purchases the high end parts. You have to be pretty informed to find things out.

Well done btw.

:biggrin:

Hi Derek ,

I found where the read points are on my board through that site you sent me,

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=189437&page=99

At BIOS setting DRAM at 2.10V was actually 2.17V . So I lowered it to 2.02 now it gives me 2.10 Volt . Its funny I'm new to this is it the board supposed to over volt this much especially on sensitive electronics where a millivolt makes a difference ?

Archived