Corsair Community

Asus p5q se plus

hashmat

Morning,I have the above board and want to install 2GB(2x1GB) Corsair,Twin X DDR2 XMS2 Dominator, PC2-8500 modules.The MB compatabilty gives me Corsair CM2X1024-8500C5D module.I understand that the 2 modules are different in size but is XMS2 and C5D same?

when I go to buy it and put CSD version in search it comes up with XMS2 module.

Put simply , is 2GB(2x1GB) Corsair,Twin X DDR2 XMS2 Dominator, PC2-8500 module compatable with Asus P5Q SE PLUS?

Thanks for any advice

Hash.

Morning,I have the above board and want to install 2GB(2x1GB) Corsair,Twin X DDR2 XMS2 Dominator, PC2-8500 modules.The MB compatabilty gives me Corsair CM2X1024-8500C5D module.I understand that the 2 modules are different in size but is XMS2 and C5D same?

when I go to buy it and put CSD version in search it comes up with XMS2 module.

Put simply , is 2GB(2x1GB) Corsair,Twin X DDR2 XMS2 Dominator, PC2-8500 module compatable with Asus P5Q SE PLUS?

Thanks for any advice

Hash.

Yes. The CM2X is a single module of the TWIN2X Kit. In other words, 2 X CM2X = One TWIN2X Kit.

is XMS2 and C5D same?

You're mixing terms up. XMS2 means it's from the XMS series and it's DDR2. C5D means it has CAS5 timings and is from the XMS Dominator series. Considering they're ALL in the same part #, they can't conflict with each other.

Yes, the TWIN2X2048-8500C5D is compatible with that motherboard.

Archived