Corsair Community

Corsair 450 VX in HTPC.. Fan face in or out?

chrillan

Hi.

I have bought a used Origen 15 case in order to build a HTPC. I bought a 450 corsair PSU to juice the system. I wonder if I should mount the PSU with the fan facing the CPU-cooler or make a hole in the case and keep the PSU-cooling separate from the rest of the system? Pro/Con with the different choices?

Thanks in advance!

• Corsair Employees

As long as air is able to get up through the fan and out the rear of the PSU, then you can mount it any way. It is probably not necessary to mod the case and mount it backwards, but it shouldn't hurt anything.

Pro: Colder air circulating through the PSU

Con: Sounds like a lot of work, and there may not be any benefit to having colder air circulating through the PSU.

The PSU is rated at 50c so unless your system has an ambient temp of 50c or higher, then I would just install it the easy way. If your systems ambient temp gets to 50c then other components will likely begin to fail.

Thank you very much. I just hope that the PSU stays cool even if I use the hotter air from within the case. I dont want it to sound to much by increasing fan speed. I'll try and take the air from inside and see if it stays cool.

Tnx RamGuy

Archived