Corsair Community

Divideing XMS 4000?

Ive seen a couple of threads relateing to this but no solid answer, is this possible? Ive even tried a riddiculous clock to bring the ram back to rated speed with the divider on but whatever i do it just wont boot... any sujestions peeps?

While it should be possible, why would you want to? Just how much of an OC are you going for? Just another thought, but with this "insane" frequency and divider, you might be crashing because the CPU can't handle it, not the memory. It can very well be a chipset limitation at those speeds. PLUR CK

Well im just playing around really. MY Sandra results on my pc4000 are always higher @ 1:1 regardless of fsb. Why the high clock you ask, well why not even at 4458 mhz my prommie mach II runs the cpu @ -15 under load so i reason theres some more clockability there. I can get it to do 4.7 ish with pc3500 and a divider but after 310 FSB i have to set my AGP/PCI clock to 74/43

• 2 weeks later...
Hi... I have something of a very similar problem... I have the TWINX 1024-4000 PRO set... I'm running them in an Abit IS7, with a P4C 2.4 Ghz... I also cannot engage any divider, 5:4 or 3:2, because the system will not post... the only time I have succeeded was when I set the FSB to 250 at 5:4, so the RAM was SEVERELY underclocked... but that's of no use to me... So I would also like to know if there's any way to make them accept the divider? or if it's a lost cause... the reason I'm asking is, these things won't OC beyond 8-9 Mhz above stock... but my CPU will go to 295 and up stable (yes, I know this for a fact, I've gotten it to 306 using a GeIL set at 3:2)... I could stand to lose 10-15 Mhz on the RAM if I could get my CPU another 400-500 Mhz... another interesting thing is that I just checked CPU-Z for no reason whatsoever for the first time since I got the sticks, and they say "Corsair DDR-SDRAM PC3700 - 512MB" for both sticks... whats up? but I really just want an answer to the first Q, is there any way to run the sticks at the 5:4 divider? thanks...

Archived