Corsair Community

Incompatibility with two XMS3200 sticks

DaMasterZ

I had a stick of XMS3200, and I bought another one to go dual. Problem is, my old one is version 1.1 and new one is 3.1. I did not know this at the time I was buying it. Can you tell me how I make this problem right? By the way, the model is CMX512 - 3200C2PT.

• Corsair Employees
In order to run 2 modules with this MB they would need to be exactly the same. I would suggest if you can find another use for these modules and just get a new set would be the easiest way to solve this with this MB. Short of that; the only other solution would be to RMA both of your modules to get 2 of the same type, but they would be Cass 2.5-3-3-7 with this MB!

my is the same have 2 CMX512 - 3200C2PT 2v2.2 (XMS32000 platinum ed ) my problem ist sroll fast a pic series an my pc shut down no blue sreen noo problem to boot new , can burn cd`s . is this a ram problem ??? have spd in bios to auto - can i set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 , what nmmber in what field in bios cas and this i mean . have more numbers in fields from bios :confused: can i put dim in my mb ? :confused:

• Corsair Employees
Please copy your post to Word and run spell checker on it! But for a definition of the settings please follow the link in my signature and look up the part# that you have. In addition, I would try testing the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and disable legacy USB support when you run Memtest86. We can make sure it's not one failing module!

• 2 weeks later...
my mb is the Asus P4C800- deluxe , have 2 CMX512 - 3200C2PT 2v2.2 (XMS32000 platinum ed) my problem is scroll fast a pick series an my pc shut down no blue screen no problem to boot new, can burn cd`s. is this a ram problem ??? Have spd in bios to auto - can I set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7, what number in what field in bios CAS and this I mean. Have more numbers in fields from bios can I put dim in my mb? I hope this is better ? I follow the link in your signature and look up the part# that I have , is not my board on this point . is the TWINX LL dim better for my bord ? better i buy me 2x 512 from the TWINX ?

• Corsair Employees
Please use this as an example: DRAM Timing (overrides SPD values): Manual System Performance: Normal SDRAM Bank cycle time (or tRAS): 7 SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3 SDRAM RAS-to-CAS Delay (tRCD): 3 SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5 Dim Reference Voltage: 2.75 Volts

the 1st start with the new config 2,5-3-3-7 ( for DRAM Burst Length 4 , dram idle timer [auto] and dram refresh rate [auto] is this ok ) ddr volt 2,75, the memtest runs and runs , memtest started from test 1 to last test an restart them , is that normal , I stop the test at 4 and a half houer , how long does it takes normal ? the ram in dim slot A1 (asus say A1 =1 A2=2 B1=3 B2=4 from L to R ) have not so high Ram Temperature at 1hour test time 43,5C/110,3F than slot B1 whit 46,7C/116,0F is this normal or ist the tow Ram Temperature to high , the Ram Temperature check I whit a Temp meter on the surface of Heat Spreader , directly contact .the tower is not closed (chieftec DA-01W Bigtower 3x80mm blower and 1x 90mm blower ,Power Supplie have 2 blower ) the max temp from dim B1 is 46,7C/116,0F not more ( 4h 30min test) need the ram activ cooler ? or other config ?? :confused: :confused: at windows is the ram temp 38,9 *C - 102,1 *F sorry have no word on this pc

• Corsair Employees
I am a little confused with your question, so if this is not the question or answer your looking for please try again. With the Temp; 25-55 Deg C would be well with in spec for the IC's and nothing to worry about! With [url]www.memtest86.com;[/url] it is a program designed to do one thing, test memory & cache read and write and as such it will just loop over and over again. By default it will run 7 basic tests per pass. I would let the system run at least 3-4 passes with no errors to make sure there will be no problems in windows.

oh sorry 1st part of my post: question : for DRAM Burst Length 4 , dram idle timer [auto] and dram refresh rate [auto] is this ok , is in bios under the config fileds from 2,5-3-3-7 2nd part of my post : question : is the ram temp ok or to high , you say no is in the sec of ram ic´s my new question to your post is : you write "it will run 7 basic tests per pass. I would let the system run at least 3-4 passes with no errors to make sure there will be no problems in windows. " is my test ok whit 4 hours test time with no freez of system , to error in memtest86 the numbers under the word error on the right side of memtestwindow . the problem , scroll fast in a pic series is not ok , the pc shut down

• Corsair Employees
First off any setting that I have not gave you or is not listed as a tested setting should be left at bios default. Second: This would sugegst the problem is not a memory problem! "my new question to your post is : you write "it will run 7 basic tests per pass. I would let the system run at least 3-4 passes with no errors to make sure there will be no problems in windows. " is my test ok with 4 hours test time with no freez of system , to error in memtest86 the numbers under the word error on the right side of memtestwindow." Third: I am sorry, but I do not understand the problem , "scroll fast in a pic series is not ok , the pc shut down" The system will just shut down when you run what application or applications?

Finally, another person with Corsair PC3200C2 [COLOR=Red]v2.2[/COLOR]. These sticks are lousy, but I have them at 5:4, 192MHz at 2-3-2-6 and FSB at 240. That seems to be the highest freq I can get at CAS2 with both in DC mode.

[quote name='Dk975']Finally, another person with Corsair PC3200C2 [COLOR=Red]v2.2[/COLOR]. These sticks are lousy, but I have them at 5:4, 192MHz at 2-3-2-6 and FSB at 240. That seems to be the highest freq I can get at CAS2 with both in DC mode.[/QUOTE] What about when not OC'd? Does it run at 2-3-3-6? What is the exact model number?

I haven't tried that setting in a while but I think I did try it once. I think it ran at 2-3-3-6 with both in DC, but running Memtest gave errors. The exact model number is of the two is CMX512-3202C2 v2.2.

I just did some testing on my system, P4 2.6C, P4P800D, 2x512MB Memtest86+ v1.10 FSB 200 CPU 1.525V 1:1 DRAM 2.75V MAM=Auto Perf Mode=Standard 2-3-3-6-8 Spread Spectrum=Disabled DRAM Idle Timer=0T DRAM refresh=7.8 us 5 passes of standard tests gave 6 errors, all were above 512MB, so I guess that is the second stick. And 4 of 6 errors were at address 915MB.

• Corsair Employees
Please test the modules one at a time, and with this MB and [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] you will need to disable legacy USB when running [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] or you may get errors that are not the fault of the memory. In addition, if these are 2 single modules the suggested settings with more than one would be Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts as well.

Arg... had a whole posted typed up that just vanished... time to retype I guess...grrrrr. Anyways, I'm having a similar issue as has been talked about in this thread on an Albatron PX845PEV Pro. Original working module is v1.1 and the 2nd stick that doesn't seem to play nice is v3.1. Full numbers are as follows: original / working stick: CMX 3200C2 XMS 3200v1.1 new / non-working stick: CMX 3200C2 XMS 3202v3.1 Are these 2 sticks incompatible on this motherboard and/or with each other? I haven't tried the new stick by itself as the previous identical module I RMA'd because I thought it was defective didn't even boot XP when installed by itself - just gave me a black screen. Running the system with both sticks installed causes windows to error for a split second and then reboot. No more than 512MB is ever dectected as installed in the system. Played around with various memory timings, voltages, and even reset the MB to system defaults with no luck. Not hitting the right combination I guess. Any help would be appreciated as I'd like to use my new ram. :):

• Corsair Employees
I have not tested this MB as of yet, however, I would suggest that you match the modules with any MB for best performance. And one of the reasons we released the Twinx sets of modules. I would try and reset the bios with just the new module installed and see if it will post and pass [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] if so, then you can rma the older module in hopes of getting a new module to replace it, so its a closer match. Or if you can find another use for your older module and just send the new one back and get a Twinx set instead!

Archived