Corsair Community

CMX512-3500C2PT + EP-8RDA3G = no POST

Quan-Time

as stated: Corsair XMS3500 c2 ------------------ CMX512-3500C2PT XMS3502v1.1 024029 ------------------ motherboard is Epox: ------------------ EP-8RDA3G bios 02/12/2004 (latest) patched @ supplier [url]http://www.epox.com/USA/article.asp?ID=1331&showsupportlinks=YES[/url] that link mearly says that corsair ram is reccomended with this model mobo. ------------------ i cant even post. Ram has been tested and proven working, also tried some XMS3700 twinx gig (housemates) to no avail. worked with generic pc3200 ram thou. I upgraded from a 8RGA+ mobo, where i had my XP2400+ @ 11x200 for about 9 months NO probs, but @ 201fsb, it would NEVER post. so i think its a compatability issue really. current mobo provides a FF on post, this is the 2nd mobo ive tried, 1st one got to C5, which is problem moving bios to shadow ram. thus, ram problems. any advise on where to go from here ? ive checked all over the forum before i posted, couldnt find anything about this, and ive been to check out the mobo, and even got it replaced under much pushing by me. for the record im running: ------------------------------------------------- Antec 480w True power PSU epox 8RDA3G mobo (lastest bios) AMD XP2400+ (i cant even get a post, so no OC atm) WD120JB hdd ATI 9600XT video Hercules Fortissimo 3 sound card (taken out for the moment) -------------------------------------------------

correct. it ran in ep-8RGA+ @ 200fsb 2-2-2-6 @ 2.75v unbelieveable eh ? thats why i REALLY wanted to keep the ram.. turns out there was a dud bios, CPU = dead, so i got that replaced free aswell.. so corsair wins again!.. im in the process of building the system now, just thought id come online and tell you that it now works, as CPU died via that 1 dud mobo, was the bios playing games. it posted with a "C5" error, meaning it was a shadow ram prob.. from what i remember of my old PIC programming days ( and muckin around with bios' ) it caches the bios to ram, checks for virus / boot sector probs, then caches back, but the thing is, the bios was a dud, coz it couldnt be written to. so a manual update (programmer) did fix this up. BUT my CPU fried in the process (far as i can tell). The wholesaler (EPOX South Australian supplier) changed the mobo, again, and a new AMD2400+ which i intend to clock the living crap out of.. on a side not, i would like to personally thank corsair for sponsoring Valhalla, australias biggest LAN party, 450ppl every 6 weeks.. you sponsored us and we gave away your goodies, i scammed a free T-Shirt and some stickers (my cat dont like wearing em :( so all was good. P.S im the server guy who setups comps / servers / stuff like that. hard slog, but the free T-Shirt was sweet.. AMD gave me a free T-Shirt, coffee mug AND a screwdriver.. can you match that ?? eh ? hehe.. thanx again for quality products that DONT fry when somehtin else dies,.. PPS, i lost a video card aswell.. more warr to get! only corsair stood up to that friggin bios!

• 2 weeks later...
quick update, the CPU that i got replaced, is one of those neutered multi locked ones. 15x133 @ 1.65v stock 15x158 @ 1.875v clocked. i cant get it any harder. for the record i got 2-2-3-6 on the ram, @ 2.6v. didnt bother playing with ram timings, as i cang get CPU higher. i got a XP2000+ unlocked lined up tonight that ill play with, im hoping for: 9.5x233 @ 1.875v 2-3-3-6 @ 2.8v NB @ 2.8v (1.5v stock) i think it should be doable. ill post a follow up later. far as i can tell, its a mobo / CPU limitation rather than a ram to get this high.. but ill see what i can get out of it.. and come on down to valhalla :) its on this weekend.. 24 / 25th. should be good :) [url]www.valhalla.net.au[/url] for a rundown of what will happen and happy snaps / rants by me :) cheers again!!

Archived