Corsair Community

corsair survivor 16gb/32gb very slow

pa3k

hello, i have bought corsair survivor 16gb and 32gb, but after my first try to write some data i was very bad suprised by the write speed of both flash memories. here are the speeds:

write 200 kb/s - 2300 kb/s -> depends on file size.

read speed is ok 23 - 35 mb/s.

i have tried many filesizes from small 1-2 kb txt files to near 2gb pst file. it was terrible slow.

i had very good experiences with corsair flash memories (i have few voyagers and also voyager gt), so i decided to buy some new with more memory - i found survivor optimal for my usage like outdoor activities - but this was big disapointing to me ... older memories i give to my friends, so now i have only two slow survivors :).

somewhere in this forum i found a guy with the same problem and ramguy was telling him that non gt memories should have write speed 8mb - 14mb.

i have xp buss, toshiba tecra m9 ntbk - 3 months old. what can i do with this survivors?

• Corsair Employees

Please try to format the drive from a command prompt with this syntax:

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

Please try the HD-Bench software to test the performance. With 100MB File size.

The write should be about 8-14 MBps and read should be about 23-30MBps.

If you still have problems we can get it or them replaced, please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

thanks for quick answer. i have tried hdbench software and it shows me write speed for 100mb file 5216 kb/s. its still slow speed and i never get it with real 100mb file (still around 2mb/s using totalcomander). formating i made as first step after first writing with slow speed ...

first i will try my local company where i have buy this memories, if it will not help i will follow your links.

Archived