Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5D G configuration

tonydj

Hi Im new here and hope to get some assistance. After going through 2 months of HELL initially purchasing 2GB OCZddr2 1200 ram for my Asus P5Q deluxe, I find it doesnt work and $150 down the drain. what a load of crap marketing from ASUS! Now i have purchased 4GB of your ram and I have read the forum and printed out your marketing info on this ram as well as printing out the test results you have done exactly on this motherboard.

Ive been in computers for over 30 years but I have never been into overclocking, but simply wanted some great quality ram put in the machine and away i go.... no intention of o/c.

I dont understand the test results you have ..... basically i have had nothing but problems since putting in the ram (windows crashing), but tonight i tried just putting the ram in with ALL AI settings on AUTO and so far so good. I see from the marketing sheet that the ram should run at 2.1 volts (exactly as the OCZ did), but this is unstable when all i did was change the DRAM voltage to 2.1.

Can you PLEASE advise what settings i should use since you have tested the ram out on this board. I mean ALL teh settings in AI tweaker section as there are so many Im lost!! I would be most greatful as this brand new machine has tested my patience WAY beyond tolerable limits and will be found at the bottom of the Sydney harbour very soon.

I also had a a techy o/c my fsb frequency to 353 so i was running at a little over 3MHZ (thats all he did- no other settings such as voltage etc) and with your ram got a score of well over 13000, but since getting it home, had nothing but blue screens which i havent seen for many many years, so its back to basics like i have done above - just to get stability.

I note that teh ram i have has a "G' after the 8500C5D instead of "F" so i assume its a supercesion of the "F"?

Im really hoping someone can save what little hair i have left because im googled out and out of the count on this excercise.......

thanks in advance.

Hello and Welcome!

The G just means green like environment friendly IIRC

have you come across this thread? http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=565873

quite the discussion of that board, lots and lots of settings to tweak.

FWIW, i never had any luck with AI overclocking or N.O.S. either, i just tinker with one setting at a time set to manual.

Im sure someone here has better advice for you, i just remembered coming across the thread above in regard to your board.

Let's set your system to default first.

Download memtest from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from

Enter your BIOS. Load Setup Defaults, Save Setup Defaults and set to these values:

AI Overclock Tweaker

Configure System Performance Settings

Ai Overclock Tuner = Manual
CPU Ratio Setting = 8
FSB Frequency = 333
PCI-E Frequency = 100
FSB Strap to Northbridge = 333
DRAM Frequency = Manual
DRAM CLK Skew on Channel A1 = Auto
DRAM CLK Skew on Channel A2 = Auto
DRAM CLK Skew on Channel B1 = Auto
DRAM CLK Skew on Channel B2 = Auto

DRAM Timing Control = Manual
DRAM Frequency = DDR2-1066
DRAM Command Rate = 2N
CAS# Latency =  5
RAS# to CAS# Delay = 5
RAS# PRE Time = 5
RAS# ACT Time = 15
Row Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC) = 55 
All Else to Auto

DRAM Static Read Control = Disabled
DRAM Read Training = Auto
Mem. OC Charger = Auto
AI Transaction Booster = Auto

CPU Voltage = Auto
CPU PLL Voltage = Auto
FSB Termination Voltage = Auto
DRAM Voltage = 2.1v
NB Voltage = 1.35v
SB Voltage = Auto
PCI-E SATA Voltage = Auto

Loadline Calibration = Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum = Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum = Disabled

Clock Over-Charging Voltage = Auto
Load Line Calibration = Auto
CPU GTL Voltage Reference = Auto
NB GTL Voltage Reference = Auto

Memory Remap - Enabled

Run Memtest for two full passes. When assured of stable DRAM, then enter Windows and Run CPU-z and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

The F at the contiguous end of the part # (e.g. TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF) indicates that it comes with a FAN.

Note that the G has a space between it and the rest of the part #. The G means it's ROHS compliant (lead free among other things).

So, you very well may see TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF G out in the wild.

Wow Derek,

Thank you so much to going to all this trouble. Im lost for words when ramguy asked me for my specs when i said it was all auto and the fact that our specs are supposed to be put in our profile - which i did.

Unfortunately stress gets teh best of me as i work about 18 hours a day, so i really appreciate what you have done here and will do this asap.

I do remember that the shop techy changed my FSB frequency to 353 to o/c the Q9550 to a little over 3 without the need to change voltage.

Out of curiosity, will doing the o/clock to the Q9550 as i statd above effect any of the settings you have advised?

Again, thank so much for your effort.

Let's set your system to default first.

Download memtest from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from

Enter your BIOS. Load Setup Defaults, Save Setup Defaults and set to these values:

AI Overclock Tweaker

Configure System Performance Settings

Ai Overclock Tuner = Manual
CPU Ratio Setting = 8
FSB Frequency = 333
PCI-E Frequency = 100
FSB Strap to Northbridge = 333
DRAM Frequency = Manual
DRAM CLK Skew on Channel A1 = Auto
DRAM CLK Skew on Channel A2 = Auto
DRAM CLK Skew on Channel B1 = Auto
DRAM CLK Skew on Channel B2 = Auto

DRAM Frequency = DDR2-1066
DRAM Command Rate = 2N
CAS# Latency =  5
RAS# to CAS# Delay = 5
RAS# PRE Time = 5
RAS# ACT Time = 15
Row Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC) = 55 
All Else to Auto

DRAM Static Read Control = Disabled
DRAM Read Training = Auto
Mem. OC Charger = Auto
AI Transaction Booster = Auto

CPU Voltage = Auto
CPU PLL Voltage = Auto
FSB Termination Voltage = Auto
DRAM Voltage = 2.1v
NB Voltage = 1.35v
SB Voltage = Auto
PCI-E SATA Voltage = Auto

Loadline Calibration = Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum = Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum = Disabled

Clock Over-Charging Voltage = Auto
Load Line Calibration = Auto
CPU GTL Voltage Reference = Auto
NB GTL Voltage Reference = Auto

Memory Remap - Enabled

Run Memtest for two full passes. When assured of stable DRAM, then enter Windows and Run CPU-z and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Hi Synthohol,

Appreciate your post , i had a quick look this morning at the thread but will need a LOT of time (which i dont have now) to look at all the various comments. Derekt has been so kind to give me exact specs which im confident should work.

:-)

Hello and Welcome!

The G just means green like environment friendly IIRC

have you come across this thread? http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=565873

quite the discussion of that board, lots and lots of settings to tweak.

FWIW, i never had any luck with AI overclocking or N.O.S. either, i just tinker with one setting at a time set to manual.

Im sure someone here has better advice for you, i just remembered coming across the thread above in regard to your board.

Ok, i did 2 memory tests as Derek suggested and no errors. I did notice though that my CPU speed is has decreased as cmos tells me i have a Q9950 running at 2672! so ive lost some speed here.

anyhow, ive posted the tests of cpuz and basically one is all settings on auto and the others are with manual settings as advised by Derek. The only changes i can see is my cpu is running slower and the memory is set at 5-5-5-15.

I have been running AUTO for last few days and things seem OK though some strange things have happened, (like a few bottlenecks - slow system response at times, but no blue screens or crashes though.

Im also going to trash this XP pro version and install Vista Ultimate maybe next weekend if i have time. I may also change the GT 9800 512MB card to something a little more powerful. HAd my heart set on the Radaeon 4870 cards but reviews say they all run too hot and ive had it with looking for cards due to all these hassles i had. I dont play games but i do a fair bit of movie rendering and use a program to make dvds for advertising - slideshows of pics, and quality of Video card helps heaps here.

All these cards just run so hot and chew so much juice up. I also just changed my tower and p/supply as well to rid myself of all "evils".

Anyhow, hope to hear some more info and thanks again in advance.

:-)

233138137_cpuz1auto.jpg.4e161993f9824a091bfa3ba2847fe59e.jpg

1038239490_cpuz1manual.jpg.f8ce92d0a85aa85ab398a0b1d7d0a27b.jpg

1943233956_cpuz2auto.jpg.415eaa71c2b723f1acb6f7d7c162fff8.jpg

89924423_cpuz2manual.jpg.54f88b0c6be46c223b858e6689fad0f1.jpg

22870974_cpuz3manual.jpg.95164663d54afab5f9a726a188c60c12.jpg

Ok, i did 2 memory tests as Derek suggested and no errors. I did notice though that my CPU speed is has decreased as cmos tells me i have a Q9950 running at 2672! so ive lost some speed here.

My error. Set the multiplier to 8.5 rather than 8.

Let's check your thermals. To be certain of both CPU and Memory, use the Intel Linpack CPU/Memory test.

http://67.90.82.13/forums/showthread.php?t=197835

Download Realtemp from Here

Run Linpack for full memory (1) and use a 5 pass iteration. Run Real Temp and watch the temperatures. Let the Linpack program run for the full 5 passes. The output in the screen will give you five sets of values. They should be identical for a stable CPU and DRAM.

Be sure to turn off your screensavers, display settings that turn the monitor off for this test.

What were the maximals in Real Temp?

Archived