Corsair Community

memory problem

Edwardjn

The funny thing is when I first put together my computer, everything worked fine with 4GB ram.

Then, after like a month and a half it started bugging out on me and giving me BSOD. Sometimes, when I turned on the computer, I would not get any video output and the monitor would be black. Once I took out two sticks and ran only 2GB, everything works fine. Even if I got video, it still wouldn't boot windows.

I ran memtest with all 4 sticks in and got errors with the random number generator, but I wouldn't get any errors with just three sticks (even though it wouldn't boot Windows). I thought I had a bad memory controller and sent it in to Intel (they promptly 2-day aired me a replacement MOBO), but it didn't fix the problem. I am running the ram at 2.08V (the specs on the ram say 2.10V, but BIOS doesn't give me the option, only 2.08V or 2.12V).

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Since my mobo supports up to 8GB, I would like to at least be utilizing 4GB.

In your profile you mention you have one pair of TWIN2X2048-6400C4, but in your specs it sounds like you have TWO pairs of a 4 GB pack. Please clarify the part # and version # of each memory pack that you have, as well as the speed / timings / voltage that you are running them at.

Archived