Corsair Community

Problems with XMS PC3200 TWINX

cobra.le

Hi all, at first, I’m sorry if my English isn't so good. I hope you will understand me ;): Now to my problem: I have a ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe with a Athlon XP 3000+ (Barton + FSB400) in combination with a pair of Corsair XMS 3200 TWINX. The specification on the modules tells that they are two CMX512-3200C2Pro v1.1 - Modules. The CPU goes at a FSB from 200, the DRAM clock is also 200. The modules are plugged in slot B1 and A1 (the blue ones) on the board. The big problem is, that my System (Win 2k new installed) hangs up or reboots by e.g. file copy processes. It’s very instable. I tried any BIOS-configuration tips from other posts in this forum section. But the don’t work. I’m not sure, the settings take effect, because I can change the BIOS-entries without problems. But even I enter the BIOS (v 1010 newest) again the memory settings are switched back to optimal-mode with the following settings: SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay: 3T SDRAM Row Precharge: 3T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay: 8T I increased the Dim Voltage to 2.7 at first. I also rotated the modules and tried every module single, without success. Memtest-86 v3.0 gives no errors at the standard tests on the modules. What is the best BIOS-configuration for my system. Should I downgrade the BIOS to an older version? Thx for help at this time

• Corsair Employees
I would try and reset the bios by jumper and load setup defaults and then set the timings again and see if that will let you finish the install. If you still get this error but both modules pass [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] one at a time. I would check for a configuration issue. Or if possible please test the modules in another MB. Another choice would be too see if the reseller will let you return this MB and get the Non -E version I think you would have less problems!

Archived