Jump to content
Corsair Community

TW3X4G1600C9DHX Have Failed


Vigilante

Recommended Posts

I have been running into system stability issues for a couple weeks now and I have tried everything from going down to one video card, a single hard drive, and testing each of my Dimms one at a time. I also tried a completly different power supply as well. I received errors in metest-86 on one of my sets while the other locked up completly while testing. I tested both modules at their rated spreeds of 9,9,9,24, 2T, and a voltage of 1.9V. I even tried bumping up the voltage a little as well with no luck.

 

I also was able to borrow 2 sticks of memory from one of my firends. While I had their memory in my system I did not experience any stability issues.

 

What do I need to do to get an RMA setup for these?

 

 

Thanks,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RamGuy, I filled out my replacement request and then I received another email from Corsair support asking me to perform the same tests which I already had. Is this normal procedure or were they supposed to juest give me an RMA number since I posted on here first?

 

Thanks,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

I'm not sure this is the best place to post this, but I am since this was my original thread regarding my original set of memory. Since I got my RMA back in 08, I had never used my memory since I had another set of memory laying around which was clocked at 1800MHZ, so instead I kept my Corsair memory in the original shipping package I was sent from Corsair, well to make a long story short, I decided to go ahead and test the memory since I was planning on building a second machine. I put the memory in my current setup and tried running it through memtest86+ since I had problems with the original set of memory I had recieved. I was unable to even make it through one pass without the memory getting errors. I tried running the memory like I did in the past at the appropriate timings without any luck, the memory sticks I recieved showed a voltage of 1.8 on the sticker I tried that and even bumping it up to 1.9 and the memory could still not pass a memtest run without erroring, I even set the memory to auto detect the timings at 1600mhz which it set at slower rated speeds of 9,11,11,30 and the tests still failed. I'm not sure if this was just a bad batch of memory or what but both sets I have had did not work from the beginning. I put my other memory back in and reran the tests just to test my setup and they came back fine and without error.

 

I guess I need to set up a second RMA to get them replaced again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I only changed the memory settings. I left the CPU multiplier the same, I set the settings for memory to 1600 mhz, set the main settings to 9,9,9,24,2t and let all other memory settings set to auto. Then I manually set the voltage on the memory 1st trying 1.8, 1.85, then 1.9v. The Memory and CPU were running in sync at at 1600mhz. This in essence brought my cpu overclock down from 4050mhz to 3.6mhz which runs perfectly stable. To even verify that the processor was not causing problems I ran my other memory at the same exact CPU and fsb settings minus the voltage because my other memory requires 2.0 volts. It tested perfectly fine, I then bumped my settings back up to 1800mhz for my other memory to test the stability of the board and again the other memory tested fine with no errors synced at 1800mhz. This is the same issue I had with my first set of Corsair memory, and once I got my RMA back I just never put them in because what I had running was working fine. Now I go to try it again and I see the same issues.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure why I would have to completly set all of my motherboard settings to default, I set all of the memory specific settings to what they should have been set to. And for testing I did run memtest86+, they could not even pass one run through.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees
Please re read what I posted I have explained that but I do not have a problem replacing the modules but from what you have posted it may be the MB BIOS just needs to be reset to see the new modules properly.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...