Corsair Community

2 Twinx 2700 2*256 with different cas ?

Hugs

Hello I bought last year a TWINX 2x256 Mo DDR-SDRAM PC2700 Low Latency with cas 2.2.2.5 and yesterday I bought the same model but the cas is 2.3.2.5 WHY ??? :confused: did the salesman steal me? thx for your reply PS sorry for my english

Due to many factors affecting memory production, Corsair does periodically come out with new revisions for their modules. You can look at your module on the hologram sticker and your old one might say: CMX256-2700LL Rev 1.1 and the new one might have a different Rev number. That would indication a revision. The current model of TwinX512-2700LL is 2-3-2-5 with the RAS to CAS set at 3. Long story short, you didn't get cheated, but to run them together, you'll have to use the looser timings, however, if you plan on using all four modules, then you may be required to go to CAS 2.5. Run [url=www.memtest86.com]Memtest86[/url] to check your memory integrity. PLUR CK P.S. This forum was fine for your question, but many of us live in America and you posted at 3:15am for the East coast and 12:15am for the West coast. That's probably why it'll take a bit to get an answer, we're not awake!

I just noticed an incontinuity. The "XMS Testing and Qualification" thread says TwinX512-2700LL is 2-2-2-5 and the [url=http://www.corsairmicro.com/corsair/products/specs/twinx512-2700ll.pdf]Data-Sheet[/url] says 2-3-2-5. RAM GUY? PLUR CK

[quote name='Hugs']thx for your reply I'm have put manually 2.2.2.5 in bios and it pass the Memtest86 :biggrin:[/QUOTE] Yep, that's why I love Corsair memory, I mean, you've got it running faster than spec and it's happy! ENJOY! PLUR CK

Archived