Corsair Community

IRQL error when installing windows.

odoyle5

Hi. I'm getting and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error when attemping to load Windows XP Home on my new build. I have 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333 (TW3C4G1333C9DHX) and an Intel DP45SG motherboard.

I have tried many different memory configurations and clock speeds to no avail. Same error everytime. I tested all the hardware and my tests showed that the CMOS RAM on the mother board was bad so I RMA'd it with Intel. The new board is doing the exact same thing.

Is this a RAM compatability issue?

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 1.7 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Both memory chips tested fine. You had suggested replacing the chips but I'm not sure as to why that would be the next step. The parts tested fine. Any other ideas? I'd prefer not to have to wait a week for shipping just to find it didn't fix anything.

I set the memory to 9-9-9-24 at 1333 and 1.7V. There are some other timing numbers that I am not as familiar with below the 9-9-9-24 ones. Should I try tweaking those? Default settings are:

tWR 8

tRFC 48

tWTR 4

tRRD 4

tRTP 4

I've replaced the motherboard and tried a different graphics card. Unfortunately I do not have any other DDR3 on hand to test. Do you think replacing the CPU or hard drive could have any effect?

• Corsair Employees
The suggestion was to replace them if you got errors with one of the modules, but since you do not get errors in memtest that would suggest the problem is something else. What version of windows are you installing and what is the error you get?

I have tried installing XP Home and Pro (32 bit) to eliminate disk error possibilities. I am a technician at a local computer build/repair shop so I have access to any operating system ifyou think that would help.

The error is:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0x000000A (0x00000010, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80523E78)

I have tried installing XP Home and Pro (32 bit) to eliminate disk error possibilities. I am a technician at a local computer build/repair shop so I have access to any operating system ifyou think that would help.

The error is:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0x000000A (0x00000010, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80523E78)

Does this install include SP1? If not, remove one of the two sticks, instrall XP32, install the SP1 undate, then put your second stick back in.

It was after the first restart during the "Installing Devices".

Taking a leap off the cliff of what you said found me installing Vista.....and it worked. I'm thinking XP wasn't supporting a piece of hardware? Memory? Raid controller?

Conclusions:

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a true fix. Something in my setup did not like installing Windows XP 32 bit. However, Vista 32 bit installed without a hitch and is now running great.

Thanks for all your help, Ram Guy. Hope no one else runs into this, as it frustrated me to no end.

• 2 years later...

I'm also getting this exact problem at installing Windows XP Home 32 bit. Guess i need to update to the new OS now.

I'll let you know if I find any workarounds, but given I just put 4 hours trying to debug this I might just cave for win 7.

Ok, In case anyone wants the solution, I couldn't get Win XP Home 32 bit SP1 to work installing on the new MB and Mem, So I found a XP Home 32 bit SP2 CD and everything went fine.

Something wrong with device drivers on SP1.

Hope this saves then next guy 6 hours in debugging.

Archived