Corsair Community

PC3200 Value kit. One dead stick.

Kip0130

I'm a proud owner of the aging Value Select kit Pc3200 (2x1gb), VS1GB400C3. and with both sticks in it causes instability. I tested each stick by itself and even bought a new motherboard, sent my video card in on my holiday for RMA and even went as far to get a new master drive. I cannot send both my sticks in though without a replacement at hand as I have tons of Web design , Front-end development work to do , and most apps with XP on 1gb of ram is dramatic enough. Help?

• Corsair Employees

I would recommend that you test each module individually with http://www.memtest.org. If both modules pass individually and fail when tested together, then there may be an issue with the memory controller embedded on your CPU.

If you would just like to get the modules replaced, then please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.” Ideally we would want to get the pair replaced, so that we can get you a matched pair in return. You may contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to find out what RMA options may be available for you.

I would recommend that you test each module individually with http://www.memtest.org. If both modules pass individually and fail when tested together, then there may be an issue with the memory controller embedded on your CPU.

If you would just like to get the modules replaced, then please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.” Ideally we would want to get the pair replaced, so that we can get you a matched pair in return. You may contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to find out what RMA options may be available for you.

Actually after the post I wrote I thought the same thing , and i replaced the current CPU with three other S754 chips. But I am mem testing now. Thank you.

If you have the same issues with a different CPU, then lets go ahead and get the pair of modules replaced!

Form submitted I'm anxiously awaiting reply. Does corsair supply a return carton by any chance? if not That's Ok. I'll Just wrap it in Anti static foam and bag and wrap it in bubble wrap.

• Corsair Employees
Form submitted I'm anxiously awaiting reply. Does corsair supply a return carton by any chance? if not That's Ok. I'll Just wrap it in Anti static foam and bag and wrap it in bubble wrap.

You would need to take care of the shipping to us, however we would pay for the shipping back to you. You should receive your RMA number along with some shipping instructions within 24 hours of submitting the request. However if you would like to post the case number here, I will get it approved ASAP for you.

You would need to take care of the shipping to us, however we would pay for the shipping back to you. You should receive your RMA number along with some shipping instructions within 24 hours of submitting the request. However if you would like to post the case number here, I will get it approved ASAP for you.

Alright once I get that information I will be sure to post it. You guys aren't going to turn the package away if I don't send it in the Clamshell right? eVga did that because it wasn't in their static sleeve. ( I don't even have the clam shell I think )

Archived