Corsair Community

New Forum Rules Discussion Thread

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the rules should be amended to make it clear because I read Rule #9 a bit differently. The poster does not want to discuss a competitors product, he wants advice on where to mount a Corsair product in a specific case in which he needs to disclose the make and model of the case in order to obtain an accurate answer. In this perticular situation it's mounting a liquid cooling system into a specific case that the poster has.

Wired: I believe it was you that stated that if we don't speak up, the rules will not be changed. I mean lets get real, are you, or really Corsair since it's thier forum, going to deny this poster of some help locating a reasonable spot to mount the item he purchased from Corsair? Is this sending a message that a person can only ask for help on a cooling system product so long as it's only in a Corsair case? It's this type of situation that the rules should be modified. This is my vote if you have any influence on the rules.

-Joe

1 word being omitted will not prevent the poster you are referring to from getting support here, thru TSX Express. or by phone. Unfortunately, the filtering provided by VBulletin is not sophisticated enough to determine usage or context of certain words. Over the very long time we've had this forum, we've found this type of filtering to work best for us in maintaining the type of atmosphere we want that will best benefit our customers.

Thank you for your input. It this becomes an issue, we'll address it.

BOTs and spammers create accounts here to exploit our forum and harass our members. One way to do this is to put prohibited material in their signatures. However bots, and most spammers are not going to post 10 legitimate posts to get to the point where they post a signature. This rule is to help protect our members from spammers.

Kool, I'm sorry..

I really did not want sound offensive..

But your replies have dignified the site.. (I think I spelled it right) Dignify, anyway..

I feel better about the situation now, Spammers do intend ruin a forum very quickly..

PS. Yellowbeard, are you also the guy from EVGA forums?

or maybe the Avatar is the same.. IDK..

Kool, I'm sorry..

I really did not want sound offensive..

But your replies have dignified the site.. (I think I spelled it right) Dignify, anyway..

I feel better about the situation now, Spammers do intend ruin a forum very quickly..

PS. Yellowbeard, are you also the guy from EVGA forums?

or maybe the Avatar is the same.. IDK..

You weren't offensive at all and to many, at a glance the rules do not make sense. And, unfortunately, it's akin to killing ants with a hammer. But, it's the best overall solution at this time.

Happy Holidays All ::pirate::

9)I understand this, and the reason: however what about this nature..

I have an ****** case with a ******, will this work with a Corsair ??

I noticed that some of my System Specs are blotted out, This is something I have never experinced on any other site...

I guess it is because others have abused it?

No Offense, Just my feelings on the subject..

i tend to agree, but it is what it is.

if the forum was sponsored by anyone else other than the OEM this rule would prolly be gone but again, their house...their rules! so it is what it is.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
While I love my H50, I must admit that one of its major competitors is coming with some sweet new products. There is even a closed loop GPU cooler coming out. Is anyone aware of anything new on the horizon with Corsair?

yea but unfortunately around here you cant even post the products youre talking about. cant have any competition now can we......this forum is like the terminator of censorship. unreal. if you make top notch products, you shouldnt be worried about the competition. furthermore, anyone that thinks you dont have any is clearly in need of therapy. they clearly think that if they make a product you should have theirs and no one elses. youll notice they block all references in the posts. too funny.

This forum is the most extreme I've seen in regards to listing the names of competitive products but what can you do. A little searching and you will find what you are looking for. Corsair makes some good products but they should understand that competition is good for business and the product.

yea but unfortunately around here you cant even post the products youre talking about. cant have any competition now can we......this forum is like the terminator of censorship. unreal. if you make top notch products, you shouldn't be worried about the competition. furthermore, anyone that thinks you don't have any is clearly in need of therapy. they clearly think that if they make a product you should have theirs and no one elses. youll notice they block all references in the posts. too funny.

i used to feel the same way and worse about the censorship here until i realized this is not a discussion board for all things computer. this is a Corsair product support BBS only for only Corsair products and nothing else. any discussion about any other brand can be distracting and troublesome. i mean you dont walk into a ford dealer and start talking about your camaro..that would be irrelevant. same goes here. not only that but if you google "blahblah ram" and you get results on the Corsair forum it will not help the searcher in any way either.

Corsair pays to host and support this site, so their house, their rules. if it was member supported im sure things would be different.

i will say that the blocking of the correct spelling of "simanntek" anti virus is blocked as well and is annoying but it is what it is :)

See # 9. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80356

In the past, we have had users criticize other makers here or try to promote other brands. We even get people requesting support for those brands. Therefore, they are filtered.

9: NO DISCUSSION OF COMPETITORS:

This forum is here for the express purpose of supporting current and future users of Corsair Memory. Please do not discuss competing products or their suppliers by name on this forum, either in a positive light or a negative one. Such posts or threads will be edited or deleted at our discretion. Please contact the makers of that product for help. As stated above, their names are filtered out from public view.

In short, the filter is clearly covered in the rules. Just last week people were asking for support from Corsair about their competitor's products. Why I have no idea, but this is clearly not the place for it. IMHO the best place for discussion of Product A vs Product B are on more general tech forums.

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps I’m missing something or missed something but whenever I type this company’s name [ATTACH]6989[/ATTACH] I get this ********

No matter where I type the name, asterisks show up. Look at my system specs.

Is this company banned from being mentioned here??? Or are the censor filters malfunctioning?

Please inform.

Thanks

Did you read the rules before you posted? Maybe you should check them again.

Perhaps you should re-read my post.

BTW .....

NO DISCUSSION OF COMPETITORS:

This forum is here for the express purpose of supporting current and future users of Corsair Memory. Please do not discuss competing products or their suppliers by name on this forum, either in a positive light or a negative one. Such posts or threads will be edited or deleted at our discretion. Please contact the makers of that product for help. As stated above, their names are filtered out from public view.

If you have questions about non-Corsair products that do not compete with Corsair (e.g. operating system, routers, video cards, etc.), please post in the appropriate sub-forums. Start out with the Hardware Related and Software Related (Non Corsair Questions) areas. Note that Corsair employees do not monitor these areas, but they will move posts / threads to them from the Corsair areas if needed. If you see a post in the wrong area, please report it so that it may be moved to the correct location.

OK, I get the intent of this rule.... but how in the world am I violating this rule by listing the name brand in my system specs? If that's the case what about the other companies listed, how come they're not asterisked out?

And it wasn't like this when I joined.

Thanks

These rules (and filter) have been in place for well before you joined. Just type in the name normally and the filter will do its job. Nothing wrong with that. Posting something to get around the filter IS against the rules. It's a blanket rule because of too many attempt to get around it and spam the forum.

Posting something to get around the filter IS against the rules.

I wasn't posting/or trying to post anything to get aorund the rules. It's something I noticed while posting a comment in another thread as well as updating my system specs. And again, when I posted those systems specs two plus years ago, I hadn't noticed that particuliar company's name asterisked out.

It's nothing serious; it was just a question asked and answered.

Thanks

Archived