Corsair Community

Asus Striker Extreme and twin2x4096-8500c5df Ver1.x.

MoShk

Hello

I am an unlucky owner of a Asus Striker Extreme.

I bought a kit 2x2 twin2x4096-8500c5df Ver1.x.

The board notes the timing right peacefully to 800MHz but the problem is when I try to set the 1066.

I checked several times the voltage but the system crashes constantly. I tried myself the following bios: 1303 1305 1603. I have a E6850.

The memories are already tested memtest and are happy.

What value should I set precisely between voltage and timing?

Thank you!

For a two DRAM module population:

Download Memtest86+ V2.01 from--->

Download CPU-z from--->

Shut the system down. Insert your DRAM in the second set of slots. Slot 2 and slot 4. Enter your BIOS and set:

AI Tuning : Manual
Nvidia GPU Ex : Disabled
LinkBoost : Disabled

FSB - Memory Clock Mode : Unlinked
FSB (QDR), Mhz : 1333
Actual FSB (QDR), Mhz : 1333
MEM (DDR), Mhz : 1066
Actual MEM (DDR), Mhz : 1066

Vcore Voltage : Auto
Memory Voltage :2.1v
1.2v HT Voltage :1.2v
NB Core Voltage :1.40v
SB Core Voltage :1.50v
CPU VTT Voltage :1.25v
DDRII Controller Ref Voltage : Auto
DDRII Channel A Ref Voltage : Auto
DDRII Channel B Ref Voltage : Auto

tCL (CAS Latency) : 5
tRCD : 5
tRP : 5
tRAS : 15
Command Per Clock (CMD) : 2 clock (2T)

Advance Memory Settings

tRRD : Auto
tRC : Auto
tWR : Auto
tWTR : Auto
tREF : Auto
tRD : Auto
tRFC : 55
Async Latency : Auto

CPU Spread Spectrum : Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum : Disabled
MCP PCIE Spread Spectrum : Disabled
SATA Spread Spectrum : Disabled
LDT Spread Spectrum : Disabled

CPU Internal Thermal Control : Enabled
Limit CPUID MaxVal : Disabled
Enhanced C1 (C1E) : Enabled
Execute Disable Bit : Disabled
Virtualization Technology : Enabled
Enhanced Intel Speedstep Tech : Disabled
LDT Frequency : 5x

After setting to these values, save them and shut down. Insert a single stick of the 8500 into the first slot (Closest to the CPU) and restart. Boot to the Memtest ISO. Allow for two full passes and if stable, shut the system down. Remove the stick of DRAM and insert it into the third slot. Restart and Memtest. Finally, shut the system down and insert a stick in slot one and slot three. Restart and run memtest. If you pass, enter Windows and post a screenshot of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Too good to be true.

I start to play BF2/CoD and 10 minutes after the pc will freeze. I have not errors on memories. Bugged Mobo? how to go around the problem?

I tried the last bios 1801 then I returned to my 1305, he gives the same problem. A 800MHz does not give this problem, a 1066 freeze. I rebuilt memtest and everything ok

Help :( ?

For a two DRAM module population:

Download Memtest86+ V2.01 from--->

Download CPU-z from--->

Shut the system down. Insert your DRAM in the second set of slots. Slot 2 and slot 4. Enter your BIOS and set:

AI Tuning : Manual
Nvidia GPU Ex : Disabled
LinkBoost : Disabled

FSB - Memory Clock Mode : Unlinked
FSB (QDR), Mhz : 1333
Actual FSB (QDR), Mhz : 1333
MEM (DDR), Mhz : 1066
Actual MEM (DDR), Mhz : 1066

Vcore Voltage : Auto
Memory Voltage :2.1v
1.2v HT Voltage :1.2v
NB Core Voltage :1.40v
SB Core Voltage :1.50v
CPU VTT Voltage :1.25v
DDRII Controller Ref Voltage : Auto
DDRII Channel A Ref Voltage : Auto
DDRII Channel B Ref Voltage : Auto

tCL (CAS Latency) : 5
tRCD : 5
tRP : 5
tRAS : 15
Command Per Clock (CMD) : 2 clock (2T)

Advance Memory Settings

tRRD : Auto
tRC : Auto
tWR : Auto
tWTR : Auto
tREF : Auto
tRD : Auto
tRFC : 55
Async Latency : Auto

CPU Spread Spectrum : Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum : Disabled
MCP PCIE Spread Spectrum : Disabled
SATA Spread Spectrum : Disabled
LDT Spread Spectrum : Disabled

CPU Internal Thermal Control : Enabled
Limit CPUID MaxVal : Disabled
Enhanced C1 (C1E) : Enabled
Execute Disable Bit : Disabled
Virtualization Technology : Enabled
Enhanced Intel Speedstep Tech : Disabled
LDT Frequency : 5x

After setting to these values, save them and shut down. Insert a single stick of the 8500 into the first slot (Closest to the CPU) and restart. Boot to the Memtest ISO. Allow for two full passes and if stable, shut the system down. Remove the stick of DRAM and insert it into the third slot. Restart and Memtest. Finally, shut the system down and insert a stick in slot one and slot three. Restart and run memtest. If you pass, enter Windows and post a screenshot of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

these are the changes that I have done, the memories are stable at memtest. When I play in windows vista 64bit SP 1 , the system will freeze .

I read that Ver.1 of my memories need 2.2v true?

Certain. I tested them as he said DerekT. I read that Ver.1 of my memories need 2.2v true?

I read that Ver.1 of my memories need 2.2v true?

This is only the case for version 1.xxx of the 1GB modules, not the 2GB modules. The 2GB modules are 2.1v.

When you tested the DRAM singly, did you find any Memtest errors? When you freeze, do you get blue screens or a complete freeze of the system with the mouse being unable to move but seen on the screen?

This is only the case for version 1.xxx of the 1GB modules, not the 2GB modules. The 2GB modules are 2.1v.

When you tested the DRAM singly, did you find any Memtest errors? When you freeze, do you get blue screens or a complete freeze of the system with the mouse being unable to move but seen on the screen?

I did not find any error on memtest. I first tried a ram then the other. Yes, the system will freeze completely and the sound of the game goes into loop.

• Corsair Employees
I did not find any error on memtest. I first tried a ram then the other. Yes, the system will freeze completely and the sound of the game goes into loop.

We are asking a specific question here, when you test the system one module at a time does it still lock up with either module when testing them one at a time???

If the answer is yes then you have some other problem most likely a driver issue.

If I try to start the system with one module can not in any way to enter the operating system, now that I have reinstated the two ram the operating system started. In this case the screen are identical to those already posted, you can not access the system with a single ram.BSOD.

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

• 1 month later...
You will need to set the memory Voltage at 2.1 Volst manually as well as the memory frequency.

I had a similiar problem after installing the pair of CM2X2048-8500C5D modules last week. I was on BIOS 1305 at the time and had to do a CMOS_CLR after booting (DET_DRAM). Once I had access I set my voltages to 2.1V and timings to 5-5-5-15-T2. Set Memory bus speed from 800 to 1066 then ran MEMtest overnight. 96 errors in 4+ passes.

I changed the memory voltage to 2.2V. Ran 2 passes with no errors. I have not had a problem with memory errors yet. I can't seem to over clock at all. I raised the FSB for CPU to 1158. Anything higher and Windows just hangs after the desktop displays. No BSOD, it just stops. I have tried adjusting VCORE 1.35, VTT 1.25, NB 1.4 and SB 1.5 but doesn't seem to make a differance.

I read that 1303 BIOS was much better than 1305. Since ASUS wwas not posting 1303 I installed BIOS 1801. 1801 has this great feature that won't allow you to change FSB and Memory Config from Auto to Manual. I have a ticket in to ASUS on this now.

In the mean time, I tried to roll back to 1303 that I found on a http://www.driversbay.com. When I tried to flash to 1303 it told me that I could not downgrade to 1303. Its almost like a minimum BIOS level of 1305 is required for my rev 1.00G Striker.

Archived