Corsair Community

System Problem

Dimos

First sorry for my english, its not my best language.

After build and power, BIOS successful detect all device and I keeped all settings by default, just create stripe RAID and set memory timing to

9-9-9-24 and 1.8v

Install windows, update drivers and etc.

Made Memtest and windows memory test, 3D Mark 2006

ALL OK!

I started copy my backup from IDE drives to SATA RAID ~470GB.

Then 30-40% of copy done, system freezed and was not accessable.

Then I tryed to restart, I saw "No CPU Detected press F1".

I pressed F1, but and system halted.

Ok, I turned off power end touched NB, MB and etc. All were not hot...

Then I powered up system, BIOS started up OK and detected all, but I lost SATA raid...

Now I have a problem.

Windows can`t see any SATA disk only IDE

Then I trying to install Windows on IDE, I get system freeze or reboot.

I trying all version of bios from 401 to beta 701.

but.....

Can you help me?

Is it Motherboard or Memory?

I need STABLE system with any configuration.

• Corsair Employees

You would need to overclock the CPU in order to get the memory running at 1600MHz, so lets try getting it stable at 1333Mhz first. Please load setup/optimized defaults in the BIOS and manually configure the following settings:

Memory Frequency: 1333MHz

Memory Voltage: 1.8v

TCL: 9

TRCD: 9

TRP: 9

TRAS: 24

Command Per Clock: 2T

Test the system with http://www.memtest.org and if you get errors then I would suggest that you test the modules one at a time in the same DIMM slot on the board to see if you can isolate a failing memory module. Let us know your results or if you have any questions!

You would need to overclock the CPU in order to get the memory running at 1600MHz, so lets try getting it stable at 1333Mhz first. Please load setup/optimized defaults in the BIOS and manually configure the following settings:

Memory Frequency: 1333MHz

Memory Voltage: 1.8v

TCL: 9

TRCD: 9

TRP: 9

TRAS: 24

Command Per Clock: 2T

Test the system with http://www.memtest.org and if you get errors then I would suggest that you test the modules one at a time in the same DIMM slot on the board to see if you can isolate a failing memory module. Let us know your results or if you have any questions!

ALL TEST OK! But system not stable!? It work only 4 hours and reboot, freeze, BSOD.:(:

Can you post all setting for my system?

• Corsair Employees
ALL TEST OK! But system not stable!? It work only 4 hours and reboot, freeze, BSOD.:(:

Can you post all setting for my system?

No other memory settings are necessary. If you are passing memtest then the memory is fine. It sounds like there is likely some other issue, are you able to force the system to crash or does it happen randomly? Has the system crashed while idle, or only in certain situations (gaming, internet, etc)?

In firs time tnen i copy many data, but now.....

Then idle! to night, run only uTorrent.

In morning i see that system don`t work, and don`t wont start.

Now i repeat test and see 1 of module have 40% errors...................................

Can mobo kill it then i sleep?

..... sorry for my english.....

• Corsair Employees
If one of the modules is giving you errors consistently and the other one is passing without any errors, then we would want to get the pair replaced for you. Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

If one of the modules is giving you errors consistently and the other one is passing without any errors, then we would want to get the pair replaced for you. Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

ОК! Thanks!

Archived