Corsair Community

Who Knows?

AusDog

Looking at Pricewatch.com I found that the Corsair 1066 Twin stuff is triple the price of Twin 800. I wonder how much performance jump I would see on my Biostar TG31-A7 mobo and Intel E5200. It's running quite nicely at 1066 mhz FSB and 761 mhz DRAM (thanks to Derek).

I would not make such a move with your system. That DRAM is too high performance for your system and likely would not work correctly. You have a nice value based overclocked system. My advice is not to play around with any higher performance hardware on that system.

It's your blueprint and a good one it is. I have seen where guys in a special TG31-A7 forum run crazy high settings like they are gripping that they can't set the FSB beyond 450 and I'm running at 305. LOL. Mine is where it's staying. The GeForce 8800 is going up to 69C with just the fuzzy dice in ATI Tool running. I guess I ought to run a log of temps when I have UT 2004 running wide open Hi-Res. It really is amazing the light years of improvment in graphic quality with the new tech.

Many of those guys are going to have issues with their boards either short or long term. Most will not post when they burn out their hardware. These boards are not made for such playing around and hoping for system longevity. I believe in system longevity.

Archived