Corsair Community

Flash Voyager

CALPE

I have a 1GB Flash Voyager. Unfortunately i had problems with the end of the plug was becoming loose and it ended up with a loose plug. I had it plugged in to my PC but some idiot gave it a knock, and it got mangled up. What i have done now is to use a USB cable. I have cut off the female plug leaving the male at one end. The wires from the female end i have very carefully soldered onto the PCB, using Blk on pin4, Green pin 3, White pin 2, Red pin1. For some strange reason the PC doesnt see the USB memory stick. Can anyone advise? Is there a way i might be able to get the data from the pen?

Ideally that would be a great option, though i have had to removed the rubbber casing so that i could wire a USB lead leaving a USB plug on the end.

I would like to retrieve the data i have stored on it. The PCB has the it's Xtal facing upwards and i have wired from left to right Black, Green, White and Red. Is there something i've done wrong that the PC doesnt 'see' the USB pen?

What happened was the end broke and the legs got mangled up. It was then that i wired in the cable to the pcb, after having removed what was left of the legs. Is there no other way to retrieve the data? Are the two large I.C.'s eeprom's?

Archived