Corsair Community

Dual Channel only operating in single channel mode

Oneball

Just picked up a twin set of Dual Channel Ram. Corsair part no. TWIN512-2700LLPT at Fry's. By the way - if you go to the store their prices are alot higher than they state online (outpost). Anywayz - I installed it per the instructions on my new Dell Dim 2400. P4 - 2.66 Mhz. (Only came w/ 128 Mg - I don't know what I was thinking). This system is supposed to be able to work in Dual Channel mode however. But after installation - the system recognized the memory no problem. And it's way faster. But if I go into setup - F2 - on boot it says it's only operating in Single Channel Mode. Did I waste my money or can I configure it somehow to take advantage of Dual Channel? Any help appreciated. :confused:

• Corsair Employees
According to the [URL=http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx?c=us&cs=19&id=dimen_2400&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=specstab#tabtop]System Spec.[/URL], it's single channel for memory.

Ram Guy - Thanks for the quick reply. I'm an idiot. I could have bought a Dimension 4600 for about the same price on ebay - but I went for the 2400 instead. Do you think I should stick w/ what I got? Or get a cheaper, single stick of 512 and add back in the stock 128 stick it came with? Can I do that? That would make a total of 640 Megs instead of the 512 I have now. Or, for the same price I can probably get about 1 Gig of cheaper ram? Thanks for the help.

Archived