Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-6400C4 g sli-ready not detected

Pieterpost

Hi,

I am from the Netherlands so my English may be not as good.

I already have 1 set of Twin2x2048-6400c4 g. (2x1024) and wanted to upgrade my memory with an other set of Twin2x2048-6400c4 g.

I removed my old set from the computer and installed the new one. I reset the bios. After that the bios won't detect the sli-ready memory. Also this memory is 4-4-4-12 but the bios sets it on 5-5-5-18.

My old memory workt perfect. Sli is detected and latency are good.

When I put in all 4 modules sli is still not detected. And latency are 5-5-5-18. When i manualy change them back to 4-4-4-12 and 2.10volt the system beeps but nothing happens.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees

With four modules in the system you may need to manually configure the memory. SLI-Ready memory will not always be detected properly when using 2 TWIN sets together. Please manually configure the following settings:

Memory Voltage: 2.1v

TCL: 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

Command Per Clock: 2T

TRC: 28

NB Core (SPP) Voltage: 1.4v

Try these settings first, and if you still have problems, you may need to set the memory frequency manually to DDR667 due to limitations of the motherboard when populating all four slots. You can read more about this here.

Hi, thanks for the respond.

The weird part is, when I use only the new memory (the old memory removed) the bios still wont detect the sli ready memory.

I took a closer look at the memory and the only difference i could detect is that the new memory is ver6.2 and the old memory is ver2.1.

I already went back to the reseller because i thought the memory was faulty, so i switched it with an other new set. But the same problem. When i install only the new set (2x1024) the bios wont detect the sli ready memory.

Also i have updated the bios to the newest version but no result.

Do you think the new memory ver6.2 isnt compatible with my system or something?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees

All 6400C4 modules should be SLI-Ready Memory, however we can only guarantee that they would be detected properly when using them how they are sold. So a TWIN pack will be recognized as SLI-Ready, but when you add an additional TWIN pack, it may not be detected properly.

SLI-Ready Memory is a function that allows you load a profile from the memory which will automatically set the tested settings. These settings may not be correct when using 2x TWIN sets together and manual configuration would be recommended. If you are using the two modules together and SLI-Ready is not detected then lets get the pair replaced. You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

If you are using 2 sets together for 4GB total, then SLI-Ready memory will not make any difference, you will still want to manually configure the system with the settings I posted above.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
If you have sent the request, then you should receive a follow up email with your RMA number, along with shipping instructions. If you still have not received it, then please post your case # here and I will get it approved ASAP.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have send a request for RMA and already received it. Also my memory has been replaced. Today i installed my new set of memory. Its working perfect. First I tested it with only the new set and it did detect sli-memory. After that i added the other set. Sli-memory was still detected. So sli-memory also works with 2 sets of Twin2X2048-6400C4 sets (4x 1024MB) In earlier posts you told me that sli-memory would not work with 4x 1024mb but it does. So i am realy happy now.

Many thanks

I will buy again.

Corsair for life :D

Archived