Corsair Community

DX48BT2 and TWIN3X2048-1333C9 HELP!!

parkerxt

I'm running the above config with a Q6600 cpu 1066 FSB. Memory timing (just like everyone else who seems to have purchased this mobo) is 7-7-7-20 at 1.5V.

When I try to adjust to 9-9-9-24 and "1.6V" (can only set it to 1.58 or 1.62V) system will not boot. I am using the lastest BIOS 1721 (can't remember the exact BIOS number but it is the latest one).

The system overall runs well but the memory should run at the rated speed, not the Intel "play it safe" default. I can assume that cause the FSB runs slower than the memory rated speed that this will be part of the issue.

Not enough background experience to fix it without the fear of burning something.

Please help.

Perform a small overclock of your processor. Set the FSB to 333 and the DRAM to 1333.

Download Memtest86+ V2.01 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from

Download CoreTemp

Performance

Host Clock Frequency Override = Manual
x Host Clock Frequency (Mhz) = 333

Memory Configuration

Reference Frequency = 333
Memory Frequency = 1333

tCL 9
tRCD 9
tRP 9
tRASmin 24
tRFC 60
tRRD 4
tWR 8
tWTR 4
tRTP 4
Memory Voltage 1.62v
Command Rate 2T

This will give you an overclock to 3.0Ghz and youshould not have to change any voltages other than setting the DRAM voltage. Boot to the Memtest CD and allow for two full passes. Then, if stable, enter Windows and run CPU-z. Post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs. Post a screenshot of Core Temp as well.

Archived