Corsair Community

Voyager 16Gb not showing up in Vista

ironfan

I have a 16Gb Voyager that was working fine until recently. I needed to transfer a large file over to another Vista machine so I formatted to NTFS and everything was good. Today however my Vista Business machine will not assign a drive letter to the Voyager. The blue light comes on and blinks a few times and that's it. The strange thing is that if I take it to my XP box it works fine. Unfortunately the Vista machine is my main work computer and I need the Voyager to work on that one.

I tried reformatting it to FAT32 and NTFS using the cmd prompt method mentioned in these forums and that didn't help.

Any ideas?

• Corsair Employees

I would check this link as it seems to be a common issue with Vista

This seems to work as well.

Go to Local Disk ©, got to Windows, got to System32, go to Driverstore, go to Filerepository, go to usbstor.inf ( click the on that is newest), copy the usbstor.inf and usbstor.PNF files. After you have copied the two files got to Windows, inf folder and paste the files in that folder. Now your usb devices (flash drives, hard drives, ipods, etc.) should work. But you may need to remove the listed device for the non functioning device and restart the system.

Thanks for the info RAM Guy. After doing what you instructed I insert the Voyager and it correctly installs the driver and I can see the device listed in two places in the Device Manager, 1. Disk drives and 2. Portable devices.

The problem is that in going to My computer it is not listed with a drive letter so I can not access it.

UPDATE - I just realized VISTA is giving the Voyager the same drive letter as an offline network drive I have and so I never saw a new drive appear in the windows box! Now to stop that from happening and all should be well.

Thanks again for the help.

Archived