Corsair Community

Bad memory stick

grubsoft

After upgrading my old system, I decided to use my old parts to build a system for my son. I am using a WinFast nf4uk8aa 939 motherboard to replace an old one that died. I put my AMD FX-55 into it and my Corsair memory CMX1024-3200PT, 2 sticks. Upon trying to post the system I got 1 long bios beep. I took out a stick of memory and the system posed fine. I switched the sticks to see if the one I took out is bad and the system would not post. I then replaced the original stick back in and the system posted fine. So it seems to me that I have a bad stick of memory that I would like to get replaced.

Can't I just get the one stick replaced? I hate for my system to be down for a couple of weeks while I wait for the replacements.

As for the voltage, with both sticks in or just the bad stick in I cannot get into the BIOS to make any changes, with 1 bad stick in the system is completely dead. with both sticks in I get the long BIOS beep and that's it, no video, no BIOS.

With the good stick in, the BIOS is set to auto for the memory type.

If I have to send the memory back, what is the turnaround time?

I would like to just send the bad stick back.

• Corsair Employees
With the good module installed, I would set the memory voltage to 2.75v, then swap the modules and see if you have any different results. If not, then we will need to replace both modules for you. Although you can contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to see if any other options would be available. Standard turnaround time for RMA is about 7-10 business days.

Archived