Corsair Community

XMS 512 3200 and MSI K8T Neo - not working at all!!!! :(

JMET

I'll lay it out there...I'm new at this. This is my first computer I've built for myself, so I got a lot of stuff to learn. I have an Athlon64 3000+, an MSI K8T Neo FIS2R, and one 512 stick of PC3200 XMS RAM - I got the one with the heat spreaders. Anyway, I know my power supply is enough, and stuff like that, because I tried a stick of RAM from another computer in mine and it worked. When I put the Corsair in there, I get absolutely nothing. The monitor doesn't get any signal, and I don't get any beeps or anything. I was wondering if maybe someone could help me get this memory to work with this system, if that's possible. I've read about people changing settings in bios or whatever, but I don't know how to do that. I know where the CAS latency settings and those others are, I just don't know how I would change things to make it work. If someone knew how to make it work, and could guide me through the process, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
you might wanna go for LL-low latency. tight timings is essensial for the a64 to work at optimal conditions. This is because the integrated memorycontrol is so much faster,than with a full "north bridge",with a regular cpu.

Archived