Corsair Community

How Many Banks on TwinX-3200LL

knownalien

I would like to add more memory to my motherboard. here is a snipet about what kind my MOBO can take [QUOTE]MEMMORY...Another big trouble spot,not just with the MSI board but with Via chipset, and or the A64 memory controler. DDR non ecc- single channel 400 is baseline although slower chips also work, The CPU's memory unit only supports 4 banks total (to stay @ DDR 400; more than 4 banks = DDR333) so in order to use three sockets at least two of the memory sticks have to be 1 bank,.one bank or two bank chips look similar so check specs, dual bank chips usually have chips on the back as well.. if using two mem sticks it is best to use slots 1 and 3, and mem should match type and speed. if you run into problems try going into bios and limiting ram to 333. [/QUOTE] The Max is 2 gigs, so the questions are #1 how many banks are on EACH stick that I have (1 or 2 banks) as mine have heat spreaders and I don't wish to void my warranty by taking them off and #2 including my two sticks or excluding them and starting from scratch, what DIMMS would you get to get you to as close to 2 gigs of RAM as possible while staying at DDR400?? My rig: MSI K8T Neo FIS2R Bios 1.4 Athlon 64 bit 3400 2 X 256 Corsaire TwinX-PC3200LL Slots 1 & 3 (timings: 2-3-2-6 @ 2.7 volts) CAS L = 2.0 TRCD = 3 CLK TRAS = 6 CLK TRP = 2 CLK Maxtor 40 gig drive - 2 Meg Cache (pagefile/pagefile) Maxtor 120 gig drive - 8 Meg Cache (MultiMedia/pagefile) Western Digital Raptor 74 Gig (system/pagefile) ATI AIW Radeon 9700 Pro (128 Ram) NEC LCD Monitor (17") 1760NX TDK DVD Burner 2.4X Liteon CD Burner 48X Antec Tru Power 550 Windows XP Pro thanks

[quote name='RAM GUY']CMX256A-3200LL would be single banked and if you want to run 2.0 Gig of memory, I would suggest Twinx2048-3200 and use slots 1-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts![/QUOTE] this one??? [url]http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-486&depa=0[/url]

Archived