Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9DHX Problem?

RealSnaD

Hello,

Ever since I put this system together, I have been having some problems. When I play GRID, The Sims 2, and World in Conflict PC freezes. Sound freezes and starts looping. Video freezes too and sometimes gets all messed up. I can't do anything. No Alt + Tab, no Task Manager. Nothing. I can only restart it by pressing the Restart button on the case. I have the latest drivers for everything inside my PC. I have the latest non-beta MB BIOS. I have the latest chipset drivers. Video driver is Catalyst 8.10. However, I can play Fifa 08/09 and COD 4 for hours and it never freezes (best settings at 1680x1050).

I thought it might be my video card. But then I decided to test my memory. OCCT passes 2 hour CPU test but it crashes after 10 minutes of 2 hour RAM test. However, Memtest86+ passes for 10+ hours without any errors. I set my RAM to DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 2T 1.60v in BIOS. That's what's written on the DIMMS. These are THE ONLY things I changed in BIOS. I don't have any overclock. However, sometimes when I reboot my PC, it won't POST and says Overclock Failed Press F1. So, is it possible my RAM is failing even though it passes Memtest86+?

• Corsair Employees
I would not suspect that the memory would be causing the issues if you are passing memtest. I would recommend testing the memory in a different system if possible to find out for sure, otherwise we can try replacing the memory for you to see if we can rule it out. You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived