Corsair Community

Update, Bad Stick Of Memory, TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF

curlysir

Ramguy,

Just wanted to let you know that I finally got a replacement set of TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF that passed MemTest86+ and appears to not have any problems with my system.

It ONLY took 4 SETS to finally get a set with both modules good.

Appreciate your help in this and hope this set lasts.

• Corsair Employee
Glad to hear you got a working set! If you had 3 bad pairs in a row, I would normally suspect either a weak or faulty DIMM slot or memory controller, but if this set is working then let us know if you run into any issues in the future!

Glad to hear you got a working set! If you had 3 bad pairs in a row, I would normally suspect either a weak or faulty DIMM slot or memory controller, but if this set is working then let us know if you run into any issues in the future!

I might agree with you if the 2 other sets of brand X and 1 set of brand Y were having the same problem. They all passed when the Corsair was failing. They were the same speed rating as yours, 1 set was a 4G and the other 2 were 2G sets. And the Corsairs were failing in 2 different computers and it has always been only 1 stick in the set that would not pass. I was testing them is the slot closest to the CPU. 1 of the sticks was so bad that the computer would not boot with it installed. This set is the 1st that has passed the memtest86+ without any problems. Hopefully the problems are behind me and this set will last. If not I will be back!

Archived