Corsair Community

Faulty Corsair Dominator!

rt182

hey just did a rebuild of my pc, i re-installed vista and all updates then added my other 2 GB of ram to have a total of 4 but when i was running it my computer was very unstable, things wouldnt install properly and i would get blue screens - PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. so i took out two GB that i installed and now my computer is rock solid. when i ran memtest with 4gb there were errors found, but when i removed the two, everything was perfect. (all voltages were set to 2.2)

• Corsair Employee
Test the questionable modules by themselves and if you do not get any errors, then you are likely running into a loading issue on the chipset when populating all four DIMM slots. In most cases you can resolve this by dropping the memory frequency to the next slower level, DDR800 would be recommended in this case. Let us know your results!

well i replaced them as you said. at the beggining it would just blue screen, then once it loaded into windows everything started crashing. eg. nhancer has stopper working, msn has stopped working etc etc. and there were artifacts ont the screen. so i replaced it put the good ones back in and 100 % stable again. i think it might be the ram

Archived