Corsair Community

TW3X4G1600C9DHX & Intel DX38BT ... right settings?

day.din

hey folks,

seems to be the usual problem for such newbies like i am. the bios just detects the RAM at 1066. i dont wanna overclock anything, just wanna use the memory in that speed for what they were made for.

maybe anybody can help me configuring the memory override in the BIOS. unfortunately u have to set up each value for itself.

• Corsair Employees
I am not sure that MB will let you set the memory Voltage and over clock the CPU, if it will the tested settings can be found from the link in my signature but with Intel Chipset the memory frequency cannot be faster than the CPU FSB.

thanks for your fast reply.

the CPU FSB is 1333 MHz. so i cannot use the memory faster than DDR1333 right?

the values in your link at the bottom belong to this kinda configuration, no?

"DRAM Frequency: DDR3-1333 MHz // DRAM Voltage:_________1.6V"

i'm fine with this, just want a stable system, nothing else. so can i use these settings i found in your page?

Testing parameters for TWIN3X/XMS3-1600C9DHX (IN):

TW3X2G1600C9DHX Data Sheet

Motherboard make and model: ASUS P5K3, P5E3 Premium/Deluxe !

Each pair is tested and packaged together using the following settings:

Advanced

Jumper Free

AI Overclock: Manual

CPU Control: AUTO

FSB Frequency: 400 MHz

PCIE Frequency: AUTO

DRAM Frequency: DDR3-1333 MHz

DRAM Timings Control: Manual

CAS# Latency:___________9

RAS# to CAS# Delay:______9

RAS# Precharge:__________9

RAS# Activate to Precharge:24

DRAM Static Read Control: Disabled

DRAM Dynamic Write Control: Disabled

CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled

PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled

CPU Voltage:__________1.4500V

CPU PLL Voltage:_______1.6V

DRAM Voltage:_________1.6V

FSB Termination Voltage:_1.3V

North Bridge Voltage:____1.55V

i got a different mainboard but the settings should be the same? actually i would dislike making a cpu override, just woulkd like to change the memory values to fit for my CPU.

Download Memtest86+ V2.01 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from
Performance

Host Clock Frequency Override = Manual
x Host Clock Frequency (Mhz) = 333

Memory Configuration

Reference Frequency = 333
Memory Frequency = 1333

tCL 9
tRCD 9
tRP 9
tRASmin 24
tRFC 60
tRRD 4
tWR 8
tWTR 4
tRTP 4
Memory Voltage 1.6v
Command Rate 2T

Boot to the Memtest CD and allow for two full passes. Then, if stable, enter Windows and run CPU-z. Post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Then, if you have these settings on your mainboard BIOS you can change 333 to 400 and 1333 to 1600 with voltage 1.8v and retest.

is this correct?

I left it at 1333 Mhz because getting insecure by your statement, that i cannot set the RAM freq higher than my FSB.

i'm gettin a bit confused because, i set the RAM Voltage to 1,62V in the BIOS (1,58 or 1,62 is possible, nothing in between) ... but CPU-Z just shows 1,5 V.

CPU-Z_screenshots.thumb.jpg.7288b6cfc4180241c36cef55b016da7c.jpg

is this correct?

I left it at 1333 Mhz because getting insecure by your statement, that i cannot set the RAM freq higher than my FSB.

i'm gettin a bit confused because, i set the RAM Voltage to 1,62V in the BIOS (1,58 or 1,62 is possible, nothing in between) ... but CPU-Z just shows 1,5 V.

That is the SPD (Serial Presence Detect) and shows the JEDEC standard for that speed. It does not show what your system is currently at, either in speed, latency or DRAM voltage. It is a report of the possible settings, not the actual ones.

You can set the DRAM to 1600mhz by setting the CPU to 400Mhz. Please read this post:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v3/showthread.php?p=373095#post373095

for some understanding.

thanks a lot - now i see !!!

so it should go like this?

(Memory overrides)

Reference Frequency = 400

Memory Frequency = 1600

(cpu overrides)

Bus Speed = 400

... right?

-----------------------------

sorry for this question, but hast the "bus speed" anything to do with the current FSB? just wanna repeat, that i do not wanna overclock anything, just want a stable system, that's it.

thanks a lot - now i see !!!

so it should go like this?

(Memory overrides)

Reference Frequency = 400

Memory Frequency = 1600

(cpu overrides)

Bus Speed = 400

... right?

-----------------------------

sorry for this question, but hast the "bus speed" anything to do with the current FSB? just wanna repeat, that i do not wanna overclock anything, just want a stable system, that's it.

This is an overclock of the FSB. To reach 1600Mhz on the DRAM, you must slightly overclock the CPU. If you do not want to overclock the CPU, then you bought the wrong DRAM for that CPU and will have to run it at 333 and 1333.

ok thanks a lot for your help !!! :-)

i got the 1600 memory for the same price as i should have gotten the 1333, so that's ok for me :-)

so in this case i will leave the settings as they are. memtest was successfull, 2 passes, everything's fine.

I'm seeing this a lot. People who have the exact same ram as me (TW3X4G1600C9DHX) stating that their ram defaults at 1067mhz. The PDF document about this ram, and thus every website on the planet that sells it states the SPD JEDEC on this is 1333, yet everyone is saying it defaults at 1067.

So what's wrong? Everyones ram, or everyones information?

Archived