Corsair Community

Would this Power Supply be good enough to power this stuff till I get a new PSU?

Sniper2k0ne

Hi.. I'm new here to these forums.

Would my Antec NEO HE550 be good enough to power this stuff I've got till I get a new PSU after Nov 1st, which I'll be getting paid and I can upgrade the PSU. According to the PSU Recomendation it says I can use a 450Watt, up to 550Watt. I'm using a 550Watt power supply right now. Can I use this PSU to power the stuff I got till I get a new PSU?

Thanks.........Sniper2k0ne

• Corsair Employees
You would have to contact Antec to find out for sure. Our PSU finder is only to be used when recommending a Corsair PSU. The total overall wattage is not he only factor when determining the proper PSU for your system. Our VX450w for example, may be more powerful than some other manufacturers 550w or even 600w PSUs.

Thanks for the quick reply I will contact them. What would be a good Power Supply for me to get for the setup I did posted from Corsair I've bought memory from them and had great experiences and would like to try out Corsair Power Supply's Modular preferred but can do without Modular.

Thanks......Sniper2k0ne

If I bought the 750TX even though its not a Modular would it be able to run everything I got now and maybe more stuff if I plan on doing a major upgrade CPU / Ram / Motherboard and would is it able to run the 9800GTX+? I will be using 3 120MM LED fans, 3 80MM LED fans included for the case I've got with Cold Cathode lights since I've got a Window Side Panel. I hope the cables are long enough to run in a CM-Stacker STC-T01, I will mount the Power Supply on the bottom where it has the brackets for the mount of a PSU.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Just got this heavy Corsair 750TX installed it without any issues/problems. Nice bag thats included also. The 120mm fan on the bottom of the Power Supply is very quiet infact I cant even notice it over my old PSU.

Thanks for the update, glad to hear everything is up and running!

Is there suppose to be a burning odor smell from the power supply? Its brand new, not to sure if this means anything either but I'm looking at the Voltages and currently +5V is 5.13V / +12V is 11.49V / +3.3V is 3.34V. I checked the Bios that's the Volts I was getting.

• Corsair Employees
That strange burning smell has gone away, everything works perfect now I couldn't ask for anything better but wished the TX750W was modular other than that everything is working how its suppose to be.

Glad to hear it!

Archived