Corsair Community

TWIN3X2048-1800C7DFIN to work @ 1800Mhz on Intel DX48BT2?

fagha

I can't get ny memory TWIN3X2048-1800C7DFIN to work @ 1800Mhz on Intel DX48BT2 although I used the Profile available in the BIOS. Anyone can help? I bought thos expensive memory but never was able to use it at maximum.

You would have to overclock your 266 (266 X 4 = 1066) MHz processor to 450Mhz to get the DRAM to run at 1800Mhz. You need to contact Intel to see if this is possible with that mainboard. I don't know if your board will allow for a multiplier change.

You would have 10 X 450 = 4.5Ghz and that CPU would never make such as speed unless you ran it with Liquid nitrogen or very very high end cooling.

If you can drop the multiplier, then you might make 450 X 7 or 450 X 8.

You did not research your purchases. You would have done better with a Q9650 processor as you could have made 9 X 450 with that CPU.

Contact Intel, tell them what you have and see if you can do anything to reach 1800Mhz. If you can not change the multiplier, then you will not gain 1800Mhz no matter what.

Thanks DerekT but I think this is not the correct answer, I did research before buying, I quote Corsair site which mentioned that TWIN3X2048-1800C7DFIN G model is "Tested together at 1800MHz, Vdimm = 2.0V, at latency settings of 7-7-7-20 on Intel Extreme Series motherboards, Must use sockets DIMM A2 and B2 (”black sockets”) to achieve this performance".

Since I have this memory installed on the black sockets and I have Intel Extreme Series Motherboard model DX48BT2 I don't see a point in contacting Intel. They have nothing to do with overclocking memories to run @ 1800MHz.

In fact I should contact Corsair - as I did - because they announced as I quoted above that they have achieved this speed and it was tested on "Intel Extreme Series Motherboard" I would like someone @ corsair to give me these settings they applied to apply them to my MOBO. Also, I have Intel QX6850 Extreme processor I don't see a point reducing my multiplier to achieve higher memory performance.

I can't get ny memory TWIN3X2048-1800C7DFIN to work @ 1800Mhz on Intel DX48BT2 although I used the Profile available in the BIOS. Anyone can help? I bought thos expensive memory but never was able to use it at maximum.

Also, I have Intel QX6850 Extreme processor I don't see a point reducing my multiplier to achieve higher memory performance.

It's your hardware. See if you can make 1600Mhz with < 400FSB, 1800Mhz with < 450FSB and 2000Mhz with less than 500FSB with full system stability. The testing was likely done with a Dual Core and with the FSBs mentioned. I only build systems. You sound like you know better. So my wishes of luck to you. I'm off to help those who want help. You seem to know better. :)

• 1 month later...
Firstly to achive more stability use 9-9-9-24 (All others the same) as indicated at the bottom of the page for 1333Mhz. Change the speed to 1600Mhz. In the Processor settings (Careful) increase the voltage of the ICH to 1.525V and the FSB to 1.5V. Ensure Effective cooling is provided. Change the Host Clock Frequency to 450 and change the Processor multiplier to 7.5. Thus Giving 1800Mhz FSB, 1800Mhz Memory Speed & a Processor Speed @ 3.375Ghz. OK! JOB DONE!:sunglasse

Archived