Corsair Community

Asus P4P800 and Twinx 3200C2

nurnmeister

I just built my system: P4 2.8 (800) Asus P4P800 Twinx 1024 3200C2 platinum Radeon 9800 Pro Win XP Bios automatically detects and sets RAM at 2.5-3-3-8, but I went into BIOS and changed it to 2-3-3-6, and it works fine except when I recently started playing Far Cry (Directx9). While playing Far Cry, I get periodic crashes back to desktop, (and sometimes causes system to reboot). Windows "error report" says I have a RAM problem, so I relaxed the timings back to the auto-detect settings (2.5-3-3-8) and everything seems to run fine. Should my RAM be capable of running at 2-3-3-6? Do I need to up my voltages? Please advise.

Welcome to the forums, nurnmeister! I assume you're running the memory at 1:1 with the CPU (800FSB and DDR400). You could try upping the DDR Voltage to 2.7x volts (not to exceed 2.8) and running [url=www.memtest86.com]Memtest86[/url] on the memory. If you get errors, try the modules one at a time and check to make sure one isn't failing. PLUR CK

• Corsair Employees
In addition, there is a update to Far cry that I would suggest that you install and make sure that you have the latest driver for Video and Chipset. If you still have problems, but no errors with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] I would check the PSU or try going back to ATI's 3.9 driver.

Archived