1024mb

800mhz

5-5-5-12

now i buyed another set to upgrade my system with the following specifications:

XMS2 6400

1024mb

800mhz

5-5-5-18

the timings are different, does it give any problems???

Keep in mind that it is not advised, nor is it supported to populate DRAM slots with different integer versions. In other words, version 1.xxx with 1.xxx, not 1.xxx with 2.xxx. Let's see if you can get stable anyway.

Please research this thread:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v3/showthread.php?t=64360&highlight=Unpredictable+results+QUAD2X4096+Gigabyte+X38-DS5

The issue is the memory controller and a population of all four banks at the full speed of a two bank run. This issue is across the board with both Nvidia and Intel chipset based boards.

Keep in mind that often issues arise in the longer term. The issues seldom damage the DRAM. They damage the on motherboard memory controller which has a harder time keeping up with the demands of a four DRAM slot population being run as fast as a two DRAM slot population. Those who want to be secure in their system either purchase a single kit of the DRAM capacity that the four singles have or they move to a higher bandwidth DRAM and drop the bandwidth. I advise it as I have personally seen the issues that can and often do arise with a four DRAM slot population running at the full speed of a single kit speed.

You are now informed as to the possible issues that can and often do arise when you run a system with two kits of DRAM as fast as a single kit. Also, keep in mind, that there is no support from the motherboard manufacturers for a full bore population of four DRAM slots.

Archived