Corsair Community

Can Corsair fix this.??

ColdHeartid

I'll try to make this short,

I went to Tiger Direct to get the spec's and parts list of what was needed to build a good computer system for gamming.

Here is a partial list from the Tech there.

XFX 790i Ultra SLI

Intel QX9770

XFX 9800 GX2 (x2)

DDR3 1600Mhz 7,7,7,20 1.9v Corsair Dom part number TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN (Since you have intel this is the right memory) Now after about 3~4weeks of trying to work out whats wronge with all the BSoD's I buy a second set of 4Gb, no fix. :mad: I have the DRAM voltage at 2.2v so not so many BSoD's, but HwMonitor says only 1.93v. :confused:

Finally

I find this web-site check out the memory configurator and find out I should be using TW3X4G1800C8DF not (xmp) for intels Extreme Memory Profiles.:(:

Well I have now ordered the right ones (TW3X4G1800C8DF) and have no use for these.:):

Will Corsair take them back, Tiger Direct says I'm past 30 days and have to deal with the manufacturer.?

I have purchased total 8GB of ram that I cannot use on the advice of the tech at Tiger direct Unusable because they Have a part # ending in "IN" And yes I know I have a Nvdia chipset. And that is the root of the problem.

I have "IN" and need "NV" I can't get TigerDirect to even begin to understand this.

• Corsair Employees

If you have that many module it will not make any difference as you will not be able to use the XMP EPP Profiles that MB will not run 4 up at those settings.

I would suggest setting the memory frequecny manually at DDR1333 at 1.8 Volts at the tested timings and set the NB Voltage to +.2 Volts as well.

Do you actually read the previous posts before you reply.????

Again I bought 4Gb as advised by a company Corsair sells to.

After I getting many BSoD's I got the system stable at 2.050v I figured there was a problem with the Ram so I got another set, (Not to put them in as 8Gb)

They still did not fix the problem and now I'm even having to raise the voltage to 2.2v and still getting BSoD's.

I come to Corsairs web-site find I have the wrong ram. Tiger Direct tech's don't understand how this could have happened and says now that it is past 30 days I have to go to the Manufacturer.

You jerk me around and don't even read before you reply, so now I'm so pist at corsair that I prob want get any help....

If you have that many module it will not make any difference as you will not be able to use the XMP EPP Profiles that MB will not run 4 up at those settings.

I would suggest setting the memory frequecny manually at DDR1333 at 1.8 Volts at the tested timings and set the NB Voltage to +.2 Volts as well.

In case you didn't get it I do not have an Intel chipset so XMP or "IN" on the part number means nothing to me. However I do have 8Gb of ram with a part number ending in "IN" I cannot use, bought on the advise of a company that Corsair sells to, and claims I must go to the manufacturer after 30 days.

And EPP would only mean anything if I had SLI ready ram. <<--Theres another joke of a term. As if SLI has anything to do with ram...

• Corsair Employees
I apologize, I originally thought that you were trying to get all 8GB running together. Which modules are you trying to get running at this point? The TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN or TW3X4G1800C8DF? Either one of those parts would be compatible with your 790i board, you would just need to manually configure the settings. If you can tell me which modules are are trying to get running I will give you the exact settings that need to be set.

I apologize, I originally thought that you were trying to get all 8GB running together. Which modules are you trying to get running at this point? The TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN or TW3X4G1800C8DF? Either one of those parts would be compatible with your 790i board, you would just need to manually configure the settings. If you can tell me which modules are are trying to get running I will give you the exact settings that need to be set.

Upon the RECOMMENDATION of TIGER DIRECT's TECH SUPPORT, he bought ONE pair of TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN. Had issues, so he bought a second pair to test by itself (NOT to run with the FIRST pair). Same issues arose.

The Tiger Direct tech recommended the IN because of the CPU, not the chipset as he should have. ColdHeartid then checked the Corsair Compatibility Site and ordered the TW3X4G1800C8DF.

1. Complain to TigerDirect's customer support and send them the emails from the techs there as proof that they gave you incorrect information (assuming the email was from before you ordered it, or within the return .policy). This should be more than enough to get a refund.

2. XFX 790i Ultra SLI isn't listed in the configurator, but as RG said, it should work just fine. The motherboard has no way to see the IN settings, so it would default to the standard SPD settings.

Now, assuming this is a new system, aside from setting the timings and voltage, have you done any testing to see if this is a memory stick or motherboard problem? I'm assuming it's going to be the latter, as the issue persisted over trying 2 separate pairs of memory.

I'd suggest testing one stick at a time in each slot using Memtest86+. This should help to determine the actual issue, which I'd imagine is one of those 2 slots.

Now that someone understands me, lets tie up all the loose ends.

1. I went to TigerDirect to buy and ended up making a shopping list as they don't stock the high end stuff. :(: So, no email trail to help. And all I get from the store is this is past 30 days and must deal with the manufacturer.:(::o:

2. XFX790i Ultra is on the configurator as MB-N790-IUL9 (790i) here is a para from the details when you get there.:sigh!:

Information about the Nvidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI Chipset

NVIDIA® nForce® 790i Ultra SLI®-based motherboards are the foundation for the world’s fastest gaming PCs, delivering top performance for 1600 MHz FSB Intel CPUs with extreme CPU overclocking, and unmatched DirectX® 10 gaming for 2-way, 3-way and Quad SLI technology. The only platform to support DDR3-2GHz also provides world-record setting memory speeds and component control with ESA.

If the mobo can't see the "IN", XMP then it shoudn't affect the mobo. And this is why I just ordered a new 790i and the memory you configurator recommends for next day delivery. I will put my old memory in the new mobo to make sure. I will get these today and do further testing.

Thanks a million.:):

• Corsair Employees

Here are the manual settings which should be set in the BIOS for the 1800C8D modules:

Load Setup/Optimized Defaults

Memory Voltage: 1.8v

NB Core Voltage: 1.55v

SLI Ready: Disabled

FSB Memory Clock Mode: Unlinked

FSB QDR MHz: Default/Auto

MEM DDR MHz: 1800MHz

TCL: 8

TRCD: 8

TRP: 8

TRAS: 24

Command Per Clock: 2T

Test the modules one at a time in the slot furthest from the CPU with http://www.memtest.org and let us know your results! I would test each module for 2-3 passes or until you get errors.

:):Ok, Got new DRAM 1800CD8, and 790i last nite, I put in the settings and checked system and all runs great. Put the other 1600C7DHXIN back in to see if problem was still there indicating memory problem, and it is gone. The 1600C&DHXIN's now operate at 1.9v instead of the 2.2v I was having to use...:confused:

Maybe a voltage regulator stuck on the mobo?? Wierd. Now I have a 790i mobo and 8Gb of 1600C7DHXIN.;):

Thanks..

• Corsair Employees

I would test the 8GB of 1600MHz individually on the new board, and if any of the modules are causing problems then we would want to get the memory replaced! Glad to hear you have the 1800's up and running, let us know if you have any more issues!

NP Thanks for letting us know!

Archived