Corsair Community

Think I have some bad RAM

marky

Hi

My memory modules are Corsair CM72SD1024RLP-3200/S

I have 4 of these and 3 work perfectly. I can take any 2 of those and get a working pair. The other module causes the computer to lockup whenever I try to copy some large files from one place to another.

The hard disk has already been replaced and changed from IDE to SATA so I am sure that this is not a problem with drive, cables or disk controller.

Motherboard is Asus K8N DL rev 1.03 fitted with 2 AMD Opteron 285. Running Debian GNU/Linux 64 bit.

BIOS settings are:

Memclock 200MHz

CAS # latency (Tcl) 2.5

Min RAS # active time (Tras) 8T

RAS # to CAS # delay (Trcd) 4T

Row precharge time (Trp) 2T

1T/2T Memory timing 1T

DDR Voltage 2.60V

Chipset Voltage 1.50V

Hyper transport voltage 1.20V

Please advise. Thanks.

And Command Rate should be 2T please retest them one at a time and just load setup defaults with ECC enabled and Legacy USB Disabled with http://www.memtest.org.

Thanks for the replies. First, my motherboard will not POST with a single memory module so I need to work with pairs and swap them around.

The BIOS was set to use its defaults for memory timing, i.e. "Auto", which selects the 1T command rate. I have changed this to 2T and disabled legacy USB as requested.

After doing this, I ran memtest on my first pair of memory modules, which completed 3 passes with no errors.

I then removed this pair and put the second pair in. Memtest failed after 8 seconds with an unexpected interrupt (Gen_Prot).

I took one module out from this pair and replaced it with a module from the first pair and it then completed 3 passes on memtest with no errors.

Regards

Mark

Archived