Corsair Community

Help with timming!

oton_jr

Hi! So far I did this:

Set the proc. FBS to 1333 and the multiplier to 6 and got 2.0GHz stable with the stock cooler

Set the memory freq. to 1066 with 2.25v and timmings are 5-4-4-10 with 2T

do you think i can set 4-4-4-10 if I rise the voltage to 2.35v? is it safe? does someone ever tried this voltage?

what is the best? high frequency or low timming?

one more doubt: does super pi calculations realy mean something? a guy in another forum says he does 1M in around 15 seconds with 850mhz 4-3-3-3 2t and a Q6600 and I still getting around 28 seconds.

With Intel High Frequency is better. Just find where your speeds and timings go rather than wondering what they might be.

Your CPU does not have a large cache and will be castrated in SuperPi. The Q6600 is a far better CPU and will overclock very well so if he's at 3.6Ghz he would be getting high marks. You can't compete with it and I wouldn't worry about it. Just find your overclock and be happy. The more you look at what others get and find yourself wanting, the more you will be unhappy and for no good reason.

You lose warranty if you exceed 2.1v. The DRAM will show overvolted characteristics and you will be denied warranty. I would not do that. It's not worth it, but it's your DRAM and if you don't care about warranty, then knock yourself out.

Yes, you`re right... I know my processor is more like Batman than Superman :D:

In fact I will put a better cooler or a water cooling solution an put that multiplier back to x9 to get 3.0GHz o.O... It works but with my stock cooler te cores teperature fly sky-high in full load...

But it`s just for fun.. I already have a q6600 in sight

Thank you Derekt

Yes, you`re right... I know my processor is more like Batman than Superman :D:

In fact I will put a better cooler or a water cooling solution an put that multiplier back to x9 to get 3.0GHz o.O... It works but with my stock cooler te cores teperature fly sky-high in full load...

But it`s just for fun.. I already have a q6600 in sight

Thank you Derekt

Yep, get a decent cooler like the Arctic Freezer Pro and clock it up to 3.0ghz. You'll be fine.

Quads are pretty much over rated anyway.

• 1 month later...

Hi again! As u can see since de last time I had made some upgrades (changed the 8600gt fata1ty, the Pentium dual core e2160, put a new CoolerMaster Hyper212 and made a raid0)

My problem is: with this new processor I am unable to make OC at all. every time I try to increase the cpu fbs or memory frequency the computer does not boot up or freezes in the boot screen or, in the few occasions when it passes the POST, windows crashes in a BSOD or it detects a hardware change and ask for windows installation DVD or simply stops on windows boot screen... anyway I’d like to know if it can be my PSU? Right now I am running my system with memories at 800MHz... (cause p5n-e sli officially only supports 800MHz FBS memory)

What can it be?

Archived