Corsair Community

XMS 3000 won’t POST in Asus A7N8X Deluxe-E?

reelaax

I have a XMS 3000 in an Asus A7N8X Deluxe ver 1.04 BIOS 1002A. It has been working very well since I got it 8/02. Last week I upgraded to an A7N8X Deluxe-E and got “No DRAM Installed or Detected” error messages on attempted POST. Replaced with Samsung from wife’s machine and now was able to POST. My ver 1.04 won’t POST either when using the newest BIOS and XMS 3000. I have read many posts that praise and highly recommend the XMS 3200 for the A7N8X Deluxe-E. So what is it about the XMS 3000 that’s different from the XMS 3200? What do I do with my Platinum Beauty? Did Asus decide to banish it from all their future products? Or is it RMA time?

• Corsair Employees
I have these same modules running in one of my A7N8X MB's. So there should not be any problem. I would use the other memory to update the bios and then with our module installed try and reset the bios with the CLRTC jumper and see if the system will post. If it will not work please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace it!

Is the Asus A7N8X that you have the XMS-3000 ram in a recent AN7N8X Deluxe-E? What version of BIOS are you using on that board? It just won't POST on a -E board or a ver 1006 or 1007 BIOS on my old ver. 1.04 board. That's after clearing the cmos with the jumper and using optimized default settings. (8-4-4-2.5) It's been working fine for a year and a half and still is running 5-2-2-2 at 185 Mhz, but it just doesn't like the -E or newer BIOS on the ver 1.04. Just wondering if it's my stick or the XMS-3000 in general.

Archived