Corsair Community

2 pairs of TW3X4G1600C9DHX with Asus Striker II Extreme (from a newbie)

redback

two weeks ago i bought corsair cm3X2G1600C9DHX*4 with Asus striker ii extreme mobo(which i found out is a piece of fancy C**p), when i put any module in, bios defaults the setting to 1066 with my Q9550 which has 1333 fsb. then i read lots of threads abt incompatibility of striker 2, tried so many different settings in bios 1104 to make my ram work at 1600, but random lock ups just P*** me off, the best result i could get was linked ram with CPU which gave me 1333 fsb and 1333 on ram, only get stay in vista for abt 30mins then freezes. i tested every single module on memtest 3.4. no errors.

today, finally i set it back to what bios recongnize as default for my ram which is 1066, it works fine now. 4 modules together no lock ups yet. really wried.

but i have a problem with cpuz, every time when i check my ram status in cpuz, no matter what was the setting in bios( 1066, 1333 or 1600), the SPD of my ram always show me the Max bandwidth is pc3-8500f(533MHz), i just assume that the ram has some frequency pros or they r all should be running at 533.3?

is there anyway i can set my ram on 1600? i dont want to waste money on 1600 but only get 1066's speed. or my ram's clocks are faulty?

im still a newbie, just trying to learn more from forums. plz ram guy or other computer experts help me with my issue.

another problem is my CPU(QUAD Core Q9550) always change its multiplier from 8.5 to 6 itself as shown in CPUZ, lots of time is only running at 6*333.3

. is my CPU faulty?

the settings now in my bios for my ram is:

timing: 9-9-9-24 t2

ram voltage: 1.80

NB voltage: 1.38

everything else is on auto.

thx guys, if u want ,i can post some pics later on..:[pouts:

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR1066 or DDR133 and set the memory Voltage to 1.7-1.90 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test

Archived