Corsair Community

2GB Compatibility

JFAntonucci

I'm somewhat confused.

I purchased an IntelDX48BT2 Motherboard and for memory I bought Corsair XMS3 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB) in a TW3X4G1600C9DHX G set. All I get are memory errors from the motherboard. I have tried all configurations and remidies. I noticed the Intel lit said use 1600 chips in 1GB configurations, but your site said the 2GB chips are compatible. Wassssup?

Jim Antonucci:[pouts:

• 9 months later...
Intel has conflicting information about the memory in its different product specs! The earlier document says 4 gig, and the newer document says only 2 gig of 1600 speed ram are supported by this board! I have tried numerous configurations, including 4 gig of 1333 speed, and NOTHING has been stable. Constant freezes and bluescreens for almost a year now. I just installed 2 gig of 1600 speed in 1 slot and am keeping my fingers crossed.

• Corsair Employee
Please do a search for the MB and you will find several posts about the BIOS settings and best configuration but to run the modules at DDR1600 you need a 1600 FSB CPU and the modules have to be in the black slots.

• 2 weeks later...
I have achieved stability after nearly a year, by only running 2 gig of memory. Intel's tech support on this has been nil. I only stumbled across the new document while preparing to install my replacement ram from Corsair and double-checking to see which slots are supported.

Archived