Corsair Community

Having problems with my memory please help :D

Syra

I'm running the Foxconn destroyer with 4x 2gig CM2x2048-8500 dominator ram everything ran fine for about 3 hours until my monitor went to sleep and never woke up cut a long story short if i take 2 banks of ram out in this case bank 2/4 the machine will boot running it this way the ram is in single channel mode.

when i try and run it dual channel the machine wont post it will run only 2 in single channel setup.

my question is.

1. Is this ram compatiable with this mobo?

2. Is it the mobo thats dead?

i'm thinking its more to do with a dodgey mobo to be honest but i'm looking for a fresh pair of eyes on my problems and see what you boffins think

All was running fine for like 3 hours and then well it just stopped.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Mike.

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

And if they all pass you may need to set the memory frequency at DDR667 or DDR800 with more than two modules and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH Voltage to +.2 Volts over default.

thank you for your reply.

i have followed your instrction and the ram checks out fine set the bios manually to your settings all works fine until i change the ram to sit in dual channel mode the pc wont wake up just goes on screen is still asleep nothing happens ram checks out in another machine so sure its just the mobo. :(

Archived